Second Skin: Apply to back of neck; Nape. Allows the user to change appearance of oneself. Limited by gender and race. Minimal continuous mana drain. It was an imprint of a snake.

"...Several rank 6s will probably be present. So we need your help to defeat the enemy." He concluded as I finished pasting the imprints.

"These imprints are rather unique."

"Of course. They're imprints my great-grandfather won from the Emporium of Equals. They're all rank 7 imprints."

A low whistle escaped my lips,"Well seeing as your father is showing some gratitude, I suppose we could talk transaction. How's tonight at Somerset Restaurant sound?"

"As you wish."

———

Nightfall. Somerset Restaurant.

I'd spent the day outside with Lucius, checking out the city we'd just arrived in. In my hands, I was playing with a golden-red pendant hung around my neck in one hand. A gift from Lucius he'd bought for me. I'd spent quite a few mana stones to make sure it wouldn't break easily in battle.

Dressed in a casual green tunic, I swirled the champagne that sat in a flute glass with my free hand. The rose quartz hair I had slowly gotten used to had been growing lighter by the day at an exponential rate and was now completely white. The inquirer had mentioned it was some sort of genetic thing, stress or a combination of the two. Either way, this colour looked nicer than before since I wasn't a fan of highlights.

Then, I saw two figures. Sage was with a hooded figure. They sat down before me, a gruff voice greeting me,"Miss Blythe. A pleasure." Male. Neither aggressive nor gentle, neutral mixture of caution and politeness, common in rugged politicians. Rather aged, experienced. Hints of desperation but not willing to show. Notes of bravado from youth, wizened but humble. Lacking arrogance. Enervated, exhausted. Torpid even.

Two sentences, four words. Enough to let me analyse a person's emotions and thoughts. I kept my silence. Speaking when a potential opposition could use my words against me was not a situation I wished to fall into. Speak only needed words unless you were absolutely sure of victory.

"I suppose you know why I am here."

"Transaction," I answered him, neither hastened nor sluggish ,"State request. State reward. I will decide."

"We will be facing a threat of around five to seven rank 6 magisters and more than ten rank 5s with a hundred or so rank 4s. As Sage should have earlier informed you of Wallaby clan is a conglomerate of several clans comprising of fiends and humans. In exchange, the two Oceanic Medallions are yours. You should know the importance of these items but I will reiterate in case you think we are making an unfair trade."

I motioned with my hand to continue as I took a sip of my cold drink, the fizzling sweet and sour drink sliding quickly down my throat as I listened on. He assumed that I knew exactly what he was speaking of, a grave mistake for him, a windfall for me.

"You should know about, Sitnalta. It is a legendary city, its name coming from ancient tongue meaning Kingdom Beneath the Waves. Its inhabitants are reclusive, sticking to themselves rather than approaching us above-water races. Their existence is known only to some and these Oceanic Medallions are the only way to enter. Only by injecting mana can one enter the city. To my knowledge, there are only thirty in existence and it was purely by luck that I managed to find these two. The Naltains, Sitnalta's inhabitants find seafood enticing since they cannot leave the city whereas rare metals and the like are considered less valuable than food. You should understand my words."

I nodded lightly, signalling my acknowledgement. An entire race, beneath the seas and secretively living out their lives. Who would've thought?

I contemplated the words, fingers against my mouth, pressed into a thin line as I narrowed my eyes at the two of them, trying to find any falsehoods lurking as I peered intently.

The man let out a soft chuckle,"You know, you truly do remind me of Willow."

I raised a brow,"Hm?"

"Willow Pearce, the genius magister and apprentice of Maximilian Dali, Headmaster of the Academy of Magisters. She looks practically identical and her attitude is rather similar. She's the quiet type, calculating. But when she strikes, she's vicious. Very much reminiscent of a viper. Though it seems she has quite a bit to go before reaching your level of strength."

This struck a cord with me.

Pearce?

It could have been mere coincidence but to have someone that looked the same as me and had the same last name—

I don't remember this body having any memories of her.

"How old is this girl?"

"Twenty-six, if my memory serves me right."

I sucked in a breath, making a mental note of this before getting back to the situation at hand,"About this transaction, I have one request Sage still has not fulfilled."

"Hm?"

"A blacksmith. I want to meet a good blacksmith to learn from."

"Then you should look for Signore Faraday in Sitnalta. Ironic as it sounds, the most talented blacksmith I have met is one who lives underwater. As for his method of smithing, I can only say it does not require fire. As to whether he is willing to teach you, that is up to your aptitude."

I knocked the table, satisfied with his reply,"Good. Very good. I am content with this. Then, evacuate your town, get the weaker magisters off and rally your men. Send a letter of war and start it earlier."

"This...Is there a particular reason?"

"I find the fact that you think delaying it is a good thing disconcerting, Mister Vita. While you might wish to prepare do note, they are doing the same. To make a move to break their current control over the situation at hand is a must. That way, we will gain a slight advantage as they will move with more caution in case of an unaccounted threat."

"I see. Then, what should our next course of action be?"

"How long will it take for you to evacuate and rally?"

"At most three days."

"Send out a provocation. Ask them to come in five days for a war. They will surely come then or day earlier. Then, the rest is simple," I licked my lips,"You will deal with the rank 4 and 5s."

I let out a small breath of euphoria having downed the last bit of champagne, an icy smile of sadistic imaginations, bloodlust, murderous intent and chilling fearlessness appearing on my face, stretching from ear to ear.

"I'll have some fun hunting a few rank sixes."