Even when they were young Ryan would push the envelope more than Jack. Sure at fifteen Jack was drinking beer and playing spin the bottle on the beach. Meanwhile, at sixteen, Ryan was giving girls lasting memories of their summer vacation on a deserted section of beach or occasionally over by the boat ramp. Vacation girls were always wild and given the chance Ryan was happy to pounce.

When Nicole's accident occurred, Ryan had been too removed from his family and acted like an idiot because he didn't know what to say to his brother so he avoided the tragedy. Kelly Harris gave up her summer on The Point to take care of Jack, Rory, and the baby, and he just kept working like nothing happened. Until last summer every time Ryan talked to his mother he heard about her worry over poor Jack and Rory. He was so glad that Maddie saved them. Maddie eased the guilt that he had because he had not been there when he should have been.

When Ryan spoke to his brother, he always said the wrong thing, so they adopted an unspoken rule of only discussing Jack's sizable portfolio, another reason to be jealous. Jack had the Midas touch and was very successful, not that Ryan wasn't doing well himself. Ironically, Ryan had a personal relationship with every client, except his own brother.

When he found out Jack was buying their cottage from his parents, it angered him. It was stupid because Ryan hadn't been to The Point since he was still in college. Ryan was not ashamed to admit that he had Cam confirm that Jack paid a fair price for his childhood cottage. In fact, the better than fair price slightly bothered him - always the perfect Jack.

Lana

Looking around, Lana decided that Heidi's cottage was ready for its guest. She and her employee spent the day getting it ready. They washed away all the dust, pollen, and dirt since the last cleaning after Labor Day. The windows sparkled. The linens were washed and put away. The refrigerator was also stocked.

Along with the summer ale, Lana had purchased some wine and the two bottles of red were resting in the wine rack. The washed glassware was ready for Ryan Harris.

Lana couldn't help but wonder what he was like. She had just gotten to know his brother recently after he married Maddie and spent his first full winter on The Point. Being her mother's friend, Mrs. Harris always had a friendly greeting for Lana. If Ryan was anything like his brother, he would be good looking and friendly.

After determining that everything was in order, she locked the door and started across the street. The sound of a car behind her made her turn. She watched as a black Beamer pulled into the driveway. She resisted the urge to turn around to get a good look at him. Feeling tired and hungry, she popped a Lean Cuisine in the microwave.

Unfortunately, her mother's ringtone interrupted her dinner. If she didn't answer she would just call again.

"Hi, Mom."

It sounded more like a sigh. Her mother called her every day.

"Honey, did I catch you eating?"

"I just finished."

"It's awfully late."

"Mom, it's seven-thirty..."

"What did you eat? You are eating enough?"

"Yes, I had chicken and vegetables." Her answer was misleading because she omitted that they came on a plastic tray. After her marriage ended, she had no use for food. Now her mother worried about her not eating. She ate, but not the way her mother would approve of. Nora Drake viewed frozen dinners like poison.

"Good. You need to take care of yourself. I hate when you're too skinny."

Lana rolled her eyes because her mother was fixated on weight. No one considered Nora skinny - not fat, but definitely not skinny. In fact, when her younger brother, Will, was an oops, her mother hid it for months. Lana still cringed at the memory of her mother having a baby while she was in middle school. It was embarrassing, especially since kids don't want to know their parents were actually having sex.