Dinner With the Parks pt.1

not to be thAt bitch but i have a new taekook fic posted on my profile! it's titled 'Internet Stars' n i hope you guys support it the way you did w this one > // <

-

"You what?" Yoongi asked, eyebrows furrowed as he drank his water. Jimin was seated across him, rambling about what happened to him a while ago.

"I met my mother! It was so awkward and I swear to God Tae's gonna get his ass beaten," he sighed dramatically, eating his ramen. Jimin and Yoongi were both too exhausted from work to even think of cooking anything, and so, they settled on instant (yet delicious) noodles.

"How'd it go?"

"Well, she was super nice. Totally different from the last time I saw her, babe! And- and she said that my father was doing well, going to therapy and all. She also wanted me to go to dinner with the family next week," he continued, looking nervously at Yoongi. The older took notice of the way Jimin looked at him, so he arched a brow to tell that he wanted Jimin to carry on.

"I told them I'd go, but only if you were with me," the younger muttered, chopsticks by his lips as he ate.

"M-me? I'll get to meet your family?" Yoongi asked, eyes widening. Jimin panicked as the thought of Yoongi disliking the idea of the meet-up rose in his head. And so, he quickly shook his head as he held his boyfriend's hand.

"No! It's okay if you don't want to go. I-I just thought you were okay with it, y'know? But it's totally cool if you don't want to!" he spoke. Yoongi was quick to respond as he was afraid that Jimin had misinterpreted him.

"Baby, no! I would love to meet your family, I'm just afraid they wouldn't like me intruding," said the older. Jimin physically relaxed, not realizing he was so tensed.

"They won't disagree, Yoongi. They want to talk to me after all. I'll see if they're really sincere as the dinner goes by!" Jimin replied. He couldn't hide the fact that he was both curious and nervous for the events that were in store for them.

"If you say so, angel," Yoongi smiled, booping the silver-haired boy's nose.

-

The following week passed by quickly for the couple. Yoongi was going home late, sometimes not even getting the chance to get back to the apartment because work was consuming him. While he was preoccupied, Jimin was keeping himself busy with work. Holly was luckily being babysat by Jungkook during the day, the boy out of college and enjoying some vacation before he started to find a job.

"You tired?" Jimin asked, scooting closer to Yoongi as he entangled his legs with his boyfriend's. It was a Friday night, and the dinner they were going to have with Jimin's family was happening tomorrow evening. The Park family agreed quickly to their idea, Jimin's folks willing to do anything to meet with the younger again.

"Mhm, very. It's just getting so hectic with TXT's album! I had to submit this demo and I was just really pressured and irritated at everybody," he grumbled, playing with the strands of Jimin's hair.

"You should just start a boy group of your own," Jimin suggested, giggling at his imagination.

"Are you kidding me? It'd be a total flop babe," Yoongi chuckled, moving a bit so that he was facing the younger.

"Not at all! I think you guys would boom internationally, be the world's hottest group, y'know? And- and you'll be a sexy rapper slash producer," Jimin pushed. Yoongi made a face and laughed afterwards, kissing the tip of Jimin's nose.

"I am a sexy rapper and producer! But I'd rather stay behind the scenes, thank you," he answered. Jimin whined loudly, babbling more about his fantasy of his boyfriend being an idol for the next ten minutes.