Evening Quarrel

Jimin woke up the next day, worry filling him as soon as he didn't feel Yoongi's warmth beside him. He fluttered his eyes open, immediately searching for his boyfriend.

"Babe?" he called out, rubbing his eyes as he stood up. He almost lost his balance as soon as he got up on his feet. He searched everywhere: the bedroom, the balcony, the bathroom, the kitchen, everywhere. As he was about to search the fucking fridge, he realized he was actually in the digital era, where phones existed. He sighed, opening the fridge anyways to grab his milk for cereal. As soon as he closed the fridge, he noticed a small pink post-it stuck on it's surface.

important meeting. sorry, didn't get the chance to cook u bfast and bring u to work. love u, see u 2night. -yoongs

Jimin sighed, taking off the post-it. He threw it to the garbage bin and proceeded to eating his breakfast.

"All the worry for nothing," he sighed, munching on his cereal.

After eating, he proceeded to taking a quick bath and taking a bus to work, since Yoongi didn't wait for him. As soon as he checked in for work, he was greeted with Eunwoo, who was walking towards the adult pool.

"You're early today?” Eunwoo asked, looking at Jimin. The male was supposed to go at work by 1, since he wasn't working full-time anyway.

“I have nothing to do in the house anyway,” he shrugged.

"Okay then. Go grab your cleaning tools at the shed, make sure the pool is clean," Eunwoo said. Jimin nodded, walking towards the shed. While doing so, he saw his co-worker Daniel, once again on his phone.

"Good morning!" he greeted. Daniel gave him a quick nod, not even bothering to look away from his phone and to Jimin. The male winced at the 'reply' and proceeded to walking to the shed. There, he took his apparatuses and went to the pool for one last clean. The water was new, but Mr. Jeon still wanted to clean the pools anyways.

After an hour, the pool was open and taking people in. Time flew by quickly, and after what felt like 20 'No diving!'s said, it was already afternoon.

"Ugh, I don't get why people choose to swim at, like, three in the afternoon! The sun's gonna kill me!" Eunwoo said, pointing at the people. Only a few people were left, and most of them were at the kiddie pool, watching or teaching their kids to swim.

"Let them be, Eunwoo. They just want to have a happy swimming day," Jimin answered. The two continued chatting for some time, not looking at the people as they talked about random shit.

"No! I completely and absolutely disagree! Mushrooms taste good!" Eunwoo said, obviously offended at his friend's statement.

"Bitch, hell no! Mushrooms taste like wet plastic and deep inside, you know so!"

"How the hell do you even know what wet plasti—"

The two were cut off when a shrill scream of 'Help!' rang through their ears.

Jimin immediately whipped his head at the direction of the call. In the middle of the adult pool was a kid waving and flailing his arms in distress.

"Holy shit! How did he get in that deep? He looks like he's six! Fucking Daniel!" Eunwoo said in panic. But no, Jimin didn't bother replying. He quickly took his shirt off and ran towards the swimming pool, jumping in and swimming as fast as he can towards the kid. He didn't stop swimming until he finally caught the child by the waist. He made sure the boy was breathing as he swam back to the poolside. It irritated Jimin that nobody in the adult pool went to save the kid, and oh, how disappointed he was at their lifeguard.