Battlefield

Hello. I meant to publish this a while ago. Here's your Thirteenrose fluff. Sorry for the wait. It's fairly short.

"ROSE!"

The Doctor tackled her from the side, bringing her to the floor. Rose exclaimed in surprise. Half a second later, a flash of light hit right where Rose had been standing. She looked at the Doctor in shock as she scrambled up.

"Come on!" the Doctor shouted, holding out a hand. "Run!"

Rose let the Doctor haul her up as three other people ran past them.

"What are those things?!" Rose yelled to the Doctor, who was still pulling her along.

"A Judoon Platoon not on the moon!"

"What?!"

The Doctor stopped abruptly, turned around, and pulled Rose back for a moment. That saved their lives too, because a piece of rubble fell. The two women clambered over it as a yell ran out across the battle field:

"Doctor, hurry up! Please!"

"No!" the Doctor responded. "I've failed three times, I won't let it happen again!"

"Doctor?" Rose asked quietly, still letting the woman pull her along.

"Rose, we'll have to slide!"

"What?!"

"Just follow my lead as quick as you can!"

The Doctor let go of Rose's hand and seemed to be counting out seconds and steps.

"Now!"

The Doctor slide tackled the ground and slid for about seven feet. Rose dropped and did the same thing as shots hit the walls, making their ears ring. The Doctor pulled her up again.

"Come on," she muttered, "come on."

They rounded the corner and broke into a full sprint. In front of them, the TARDIS loomed. The Doctor tripped on her own feet and fell, causing Rose to stumble. Rose grabbed the Doctor by her arms and dragged her to the TARDIS, where she opened one of the doors.

The TARDIS, sensing a different need, switched forms. Yaz, Graham and Ryan cried out in surprise as Rose ran past them, grabbed the mallet, and adjusted the course with her hand while holding down the takeoff lever with her foot. The Doctor watched her, amused. Rose was even wearing red converse.

Once they were in the vortex, the TARDIS switched back.

"Who are you?" Yaz asked.

"I'm..." Rose was still winded. "I'm Rose Tyler. I used to travel with the Doctor."

"Oh. We've got back to that battle five times to get you. You kept getting killed, and she kept coming back."

"You were supposed to die in there," the Doctor informed Rose. "I couldn't let that happen."

A big smile broke out over Rose's face as she threw herself at the Doctor, who caught her happily.

"Hi," Rose whispered.

"Rose."

The Doctor pulled away and held Rose's face.

"If you can't tell," she whispered, "I still love you. I always will."

Rose smiled. "Quite right, too."

She kissed her.

Any of y'all have to do Second Step in school? It's horrible.