That Moment When We're All Sidney

Rose's POV

"Okay, so if the coordinates point here, that means that the Family—" I cut myself off when I heard the most beautiful noise known to mankind: the TARDIS. How she got here, I don't know, but I'm happy, that after a year and a half, the Doctor finally found me. I flung the papers I was holding up in the air as I sprinted towards the stairs. It sounded like it was above us. I know Sidney, my assistant, heard it too. I'd described the noise to him so much that he knew exactly what was happening, and he was right on my tail.

Dave, the man I was talking to shouted my name, but I didn't stop. I flung open the door and took the steps two at a time for two flights of stairs to the rooftop. I stopped abruptly when I saw her, causing Sidney to run full force into me, therefore knocking me over.

"Holy shit," I heard him whisper as he quickly got off of me. I ignored the blood I felt running down my leg as I sprinted the last ten meters to the door.

"Doctor," I said as I pounded on the door. "Doctor!" The door opened and I stumbled forward and would have fallen if Sidney wouldn't have caught my arm. I looked up happily to see... a girl. "Did you regenerate on me again?" I demanded.

"No," she said. "Who are you?"

"Oh," I said, holding out a hand. She took it. "Rose Tyler."

"Clara Oswald. How do you know the Doctor?" She sounded... protective.

"I used to travel with him," I said uncertainly.

"I'm Sidney, if anyone wants to know," Sidney said, waving. Clara gave him a smile.

"He's never mentioned you," Clara said.

My biggest fear was realized: he didn't think about me. He didn't talk about me. He said he wouldn't do that with me. "...oh. Um, well," I started, but a voice cut me off. It was unfamiliar.

"Clara, who's at the door?" Clara moved aside to reveal a scrawny man with suspenders and a bow tie. He was holding a Cyberman's head.

"Hello," I began, masking my pure and utter heartbreak, "I'm—"

"Rose Tyler," he breathed before dropping the head and running towards me and wrapping me up in his arms. I was taken aback, but hugged him anyway. He's the Doctor. I think. He pulled away quickly. "How are you here? Are you here? What was the first word I said to you?" He asked this all desperately without taking a breath. I grabbed his hands to stop his pacing. He gripped my hands tightly, looking at me in a panic.

"The first word you said to me was 'run'. You took my hand and saved my life from... the, um, living plastic. You blew up the building. It was a time," I laughed. He smiled at me.

"It was," he said, "it was... interesting. I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"Doctor, please explain who this is," Clara smiled condescendingly. Sidney was watching from the side, arms crossed, tearing up. I know he's a sucker for cliché romances.

"Clara, this is Rose Tyler. She used to travel with me," he said cheerfully, loosening his grip on my hands, but not breaking eye contact. The look of pure happiness and love in his eyes made me want to cry.

"Oh," she said, crossing her arms, "are you two... together?" He turned to look at Clara, then to look at me, inquisitively. I cocked my head before saying,

"Yea." I only saw his smile for a second before he leaned down and kissed me harshly. I slowly placed my hand on his neck as his hands traveled around my back and waist before the kiss became more sweet and he was just stroking my back. He pulled back suddenly.

"Sorry," he said, making a fist and shaking it back and forth slightly infront of him. "I should have asked you before I did that."

"It's fine," I said honestly.

"How are you not freaked out by my new... body?" He asked nervously.

"Honestly," I said, "I've been preparing myself for this for about a year and a half. It's fine." He grinned at me.

"Rose Tyler, I love you."

"Quite right, too."

"Rose!" I laughed.

"It's only what you deserve," I defended. He shrugged.

"That's true," he agreed.

"Doctor, will I find you again?"

"Yes, Rose Tyler, you will." I smiled sadly.

"And I can't go with you now," I said. He looked down.

"I know," he said.

"But I love you," I said. "Even this you. I just love the Doctor, okay? Remember that, even when you go on one of your self-hating rampages."

"Actually, I'm the one who stops him when he's about to go on one of those rampages," Clara said smugly. I felt a twinge of jealousy, but put a smile on my face.

"And I thank you for that, Clara." Her face contorted into anger, and she let out a huff.

"I think we may stay for a while," the Doctor said. "Rose Tyler, could I take you to dinner?"

"But of course," I slightly bowed as I took his arm. Sidney grinned at us.

"I'll just... stay in the TARDIS," Clara said tightly, closing the doors.

"Should you go after her?" I asked.

"She'll be fine," the Doctor shrugged. "She's just melodramatic." I laughed.

"I ship it," Sidney said.

"I do too," I said.

"Myself as well," the Doctor smiled. "Sushi?" I scoffed.

"Duh."

Tenrose One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara