Hogwarts AU p1

Rose Tyler has always known, since first year, that John Smith was cute. Everyone did. It was 5th year and he'd dated Martha Jones, Renette, John Barrowman, Michael Sheen, this exchange student named Arizaphale, Jessica Jones, and Billie Piper. He'd been out as pansexual for years and no one really gave it a second thought.

Everyone had had a crush on him at some point. Even Mickey, Rose's long term boyfriend, had admitted that John was attractive as hell.

Rose and John were actually quite good friends although they were always in constant competition. Between being the valedictorian and Quidditch, tensions were always high.

Everyone thought that it was sexual tension. It wasn't.

"The test will be on Thursday," Professor Binns said in a monotone. "I expect a five inch paper as your proof of study. Class dismissed."

As everyone else in the class gathered their papers and started leaving, the Gryffindor and the Ravenclaw grinned at each other. Each night, since the beginning of the year, they had met up in a private corner of the library and studied for O.W.L.s and just to stay on top of everyone else.

Honestly, the only big difference between them was that Rose had a social life and was popular. She was dating Mickey Smith, a school heartthrob. Before him, she'd dated Jodie Whittaker. But Jodie moved away and it broke Rose's heart. In fact, they still wrote to each other at least weekly.

Rose took her things and walked into the aisle at the same time as John. They bumped shoulders and laughed.

"I'm aiming for 104%," John started. "What about you?"

"Oh, 104%?" Rose asked. John raised an eyebrow. "I'll be going for 105%."

John laughed out loud. "Good luck with that."

"Oh, I don't need luck. Thank you," said Rose curtly.

"Cocky, are we?"

"Always."

"Alright, Rose Tyler. I'll bet you five quid you can't do better than me."

"I don't make bets," Rose shrugged.

"Ten quid."

"You're on."

John grinned as Rose went left and he stayed right. She stuck out her tongue at him and turned around before he could retaliate.

Rose always left their interactions with a spring in her step, even as she had to walk up the unnecessary amount of stairs to the Gryffindor common room. On the way, she ran into, almost literally, on of her 4th year friends, Sidney.

"How was Transfig?" she asked.

"Horrible," Sidney groaned as Ash, his friend yelled,

"BRILLIANT! I turned my hedgehog into a pincushion! Sid is just mad because he messed up and got stabbed."

"Stabbed with what?" Rose laughed.

"Jawn's quills," Sidney said bitterly.

"You named your hedgehog?" Ask asked.

"Yeah. He was cute. In fact..." Sidney reached into his robes and pulled out... Jawn.

"You... stole... a hedgehog," Rose deadpanned as someone came up behind her and picked her up. She helped as she was lifted off the ground even though she knew it was Mickey.

"Yeah, I stole a hedgehog," Sidney continued as if Rose wasn't being taken from him. "And I don't regret it one bit." 

When she was put down, she whirled around and kissed Mickey firm kiss on the mouth before jumping on his back.