Thank God It Was Empty

The Doctor's POV

There was a horrible sound ringing throughout the entire TARDIS as she went haywire, bashing back and forth, flinging me around. She landed heavily, and as a result, I flew into one of the coral supports. I rolled around on the ground, clutching my side, groaning.

"Okay..." I breathed. "Oh-kay." I pulled myself up, using the same support that betrayed me in the first place. I stumbled over to the doors and opened one, almost tripping to the outside world. I looked around: 2009, central London. Alright. I've been here before, I can do this. The TARDIS would repair herself. I just... had to look around for alien life. Or I could take a vacation. I thought on that for a moment before laughing. Absolutely not. I took a deep breath. It was daytime. I had run into a building on the way down, which is what caused me to slam into my support.

Sunny, in the mid 70s. I whipped out my sonic and did a 360, scanning for alien lifeforms. "No life forms," I muttered to myself, "but alien activity." A crazy grin spread across my face as I took off running. I rounded a corner, stopped suddenly, quickly backtracked, and ran painfully into a wall before I managed to press my back into a wall that was shielding me from view, breathing heavily. There is no way. I inhaled deeply, pushing down the wave of hope and happiness that washed over me.

I opened my eyes and poked my head around the corner. I inhaled, but no air came in. I continued trying, knowing that I looked like a psychopath, opening my mouth over and over again like that. More like a fish, really.

She was walking towards me, looking around, lips pursed. She was wearing back leggings with a light blue shirt and really cute jean jacket. And... white sand shoes. This was a more mature Rose. This was a woman, no longer a girl. She had a name tag clipped to her shirt. It said,

Rose Tyler, director of intergalactic travel and communications.

How can I read that from so far away, you ask? I'm a Time Lord. Go figure. I smiled lovingly at her. From a girl in a shop to a directer at what I knew was a multimillion pound business. Rose Tyler, defender of the Earth. Shit, she's close. I quickly withdrew my head and ran to hid behind a trash bin. I waited seven seconds before ruffling my hair and running after her, slowing to a casual walk as I entered the streets of London. I immediately fixed my gaze on her blonde head. Her roots where showing. I always liked it when they did that. I was following her contently for a while when she went down some stairs to the tube.

She swiped her card and walked through. I waited for a moment before sonicing the machine and pushing the bar. She was leaning up against a pillar, and I was honestly unsure of what to do. Where to hide. So I awkwardly stood there, hoping that she didn't look around. I heard the screeching of the tube and readied myself to get on after her. She walked into an empty compartment. Shit. I walked in anyway, because I needed to see where she was. I decided to stand, facing away from her. The tube took off, and I braced myself a little too late. I fell backwards and landed on my bum, and then hit my head. I heard Rose laugh.

"First time riding the tube, mate?" She stood up and held out a hand to me. I took it, terrified. She had seen my face and my outfit. And she hadn't said anything.

"Afraid not," I said, "just don't do it too often; forgot to brace." She smiled.

"I get it. My name's Rose Tyler. How about you?" I looked at her in despair.

"J... John Smith. Doctor John Smith."

"What did you do to become a doctor?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Uni." She laughed.

"I suppose so," she said. "You look familiar. Have we met?" I was close to word vomiting.

"I'd like to think so," I said, looking away from her.

"Doctor?" She asked quietly. My blood ran cold. Before I knew what was happening, I had let go of the pole, turned around and hugged her. She quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. I breathed her in, tearing up.

"Rose Tyler, I love you," I whispered, "I love you so much, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you that, my time ran out, but I'll tell you every chance I get, please come back with me—" she kissed me. Rose Tyler, I love of my lives, kissed me. I kissed her back with enthusiasm, but the tube stopped, and I fell forward, on top of her. I heard her hit her head, and I wanted to check on her, but she wouldn't let go of me.

"I love you, Doctor."

"Quite right, too," I whispered. She let go of me and pushed me off her as people walked in. I helped her stand up, and she slapped me in the face. "Okay, yea, I deserved that."

"Yeah," she said, "you did." She pulled me down into a seat and held onto my arm. "I missed you," she whispered.

"I missed you, too."