Wedding Planning

A/N: Ok so this had been requested over a year ago, along with many other requests and I've been so useless that I've only just written it up, so thank you to @dunleejane for requesting (and waiting) and I'm so sorry for taking so long to upload it, truly.

The plot for this was very loose but I wanted to make it long and give it substance, but also might have not included the actual wedding planning very much, but I hope you like it.

Also to anyone else who requested an imagine, last year (I know, I'm really bad at the whole updating thing), I promise I will finish them. I've got exams in the upcoming weeks and a presentation to prepare but after that it's summer and I've got more time to complete those requests.

________________________________

Wedding planning was exhausting, to be simply put.

The more complicated version would be: Wedding Planning is really f*cking hard, it causes fights, arguments and sleepless nights and it was becoming the biggest pain in both Shawn's and Camila's lives.

Sure it had started off simple enough when they had declared they wanted to get married around the summertime, but then when the actual planning started, such as the venue, the menu, the flowers, the music, the dress... the list went on. The pair found it increasingly harder to find some peace and quiet from the whole ordeal, especially as their parents got more involved.

Their fathers had, fortunately, stayed out of the way, most likely remembering their own horrible experiences of wedding planning. But the same could not be said for their mothers.

At first, it had been a small input on the colour scheme, then the venue and then they started inviting themselves along to every session involving the wedding, much to Shawn's irritation.

It wasn't that he didn't love his mother or his future mother in law, but he really didn't appreciate having every suggestion of his shot down and have their own opinion forced down on them. He didn't want a massive wedding, with a four-tier cake or a wedding in a church.

Eventually, he had gotten so sick of it that he mentioned it casually to Camila, who upon seeing his deep upset at the way the women in their families were treating him, quietly warned them off being so rude and impolite to him and his ideas.

His mother stuck to that order, his mother in law, not so much. She'd lasted about two days before she'd launched a scathing attack on him for mentioning that he didn't want a wedding in a church and he didn't like the pink flowers that Sinu had demanded.

Sinu had told how he was ruining the wedding for everyone by not agreeing to the majority's ideas and that he shouldn't even be there if he was so against every idea of theirs. Shawn had to bite his tongue from responding. But he'd really had enough when Sinu had declared that "You don't deserve to marry my daughter." Before turning to face her daughter and declaring very loudly, offending every person in the room. "You should've have stayed with that Matthew instead of this loser, he can't provide you with anything."

Shawn stormed out after that, not bothering to stick around to see if anyone was going to defend him because he just needed to get away. In the hours that followed, he'd received about fifty texts and twenty calls from Camila and his mother, but he hadn't responded to them as he drove around trying to find peace of mind, but struggling.

That night, he'd really contemplated just calling the whole thing off and it wasn't because he had wanted to, absolutely not. Shawn had asked Camila to marry him for a reason and he wasn't about to break it off because her mother had said he was a loser, but it did make him question if he really was providing Camila with the life and happiness she deserved.