Memories of Another

Belladonna 45

Memories of Another

24 June 1995

The crowd was mad with excitement. The Triwizard Champion would be a Hogwarts student; Delacour and Krum couldn't finish the maze, so only Diggory and Harry were left. Ana sat next to Fred while his family stretched out on the other side of him. They were laughing and singing along with everyone else when suddenly Ana felt herself falling. It was the same dizzying sort of fall that left her feeling like she would retch. Her hand seized up inside Fred's.

"Ana?" Fred was alarmed at the sudden and drastic change that overcame her. Her smile had vanished and the laughter had died in her throat. Her face paled, and her eyes were wide and fearful.

"Ana?" He tried again, but her glassy daze remained distant. Then she blinked slowly, coming back to herself.

"Did you just...?"

"Yeah," she nodded briefly. "Sev. I need to get to Sev and Dum...Dumbledore."

Fred nodded and jumped to his feet. He cleared a path ahead of them, claiming Ana was going to be sick and her appearance certainly led others to believe that was the case. It was an almost treacherous decent as Ana remained unsteady on her feet. When they reached the bottom, Ana barely had enough clearance to duck around the corner before she really was sick.

After a minute or two, Fred helped her stand back up.

"What's going on? I heard her screaming," Snape said.

"I think she had another vision, Sir."

"Belladonna?"

"It... it's Cedric, Sev. He..." She started crying.

"When?"

"I... I don't know; it was so intense. Soon if..." She trailed off.

"Let me see."

Ana nodded and prepared to open her mind to him. Before he could enter, however, Sev hissed in pain and clutched at his left forearm.

"What? What was that?" Ana asked. "Sev, what..." Ana reached for him but he pulled back.

"Stay here. I will tell the Headmaster."

"Sev, what...?" but he was already gone.

"Ana? You don't think that Diggory...." Fred began. "I mean, it could have just been a warning, like with Crouch. You had dreams of him months before it actually happened. Right?"

"Yeah...might be," Ana replied. She didn't want to tell him that she saw Diggory wearing the same jersey as when he entered the maze.

"But... you don't really believe that?"

"No," she said choking on more tears.

Fred moved into hold her when that same distant look crossed her face. She creamed coming out of this one and promptly covered her mouth as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Miss Evans?" Dumbledore returned with Sev.

"She had another one, just now. She hasn't said of whom."

"Miss Evans, I must..."

Ana nodded before Dumbledore could finish his sentence. He took her by the shoulders and locked her in an intense gaze. Fred glanced up at Sev, but the Potions Master kept his attention focused on Ana. Fred looked back at Ana just as Dumbledore pulled away.