I'm Not a Seer

Belladonna 43

I'm Not a Seer

May 1995

March. Ana was really starting to feel the pressure of her OWL exams as her coursework intensified. She had a bit of a laugh, though, during her career meeting with Sev in which she told him she was dropping out after her OWLs to pursue a professional Quidditch career.

April. The coursework in March was child's play compared to that of April. Even Easter Holiday was no holiday, only extra time for extra work. Her only reprieve here came at the very beginning when Fred and George turned seventeen.

May. Ana had to stop seeing Fred except at the few meals she made it to. Instead, she chose to spend every waking moment, and a few sleeping ones, in the library studying. When she did sleep, whether it was in her dorm or in the library, even her dreams were plagued with course work and OWL exams...when they weren't circulating around the dream of the Forbidden Forest and Mr. Crouch that had decided to reappear.

Last week in May. Fred couldn't stand the separation form Ana a moment more. But he knew the only way to see her would be to do the unthinkable, perhaps even the unbearable. Yet, he thought, not seeing her was more unbearable. So he fortified his strength and marched into the library.

He found her sitting at her usual spot with Katie and Sarah. They had books spread open before them on the table, but Ana was writing on a long piece of parchment. Fred made his way over and pulled up a chair to sit beside her. Katie and Sarah greeted him calmly, but Ana continued writing. When she set her quill down, she picked up the parchment still without speaking a word to Fred. She made a correction...and another one; Fred waited patiently until she set the parchment down too.

"There." She exhaled a deep breath. "I think I'm done. What have I said about staring at me while I work?"

"That you find it endearing?" Fred replied with a smirk.

"That's it's a bit creepy," she answered.

Fred shrugged a shoulder. "They're one-and-the-same to me. Besides, I can't help it if I'm enraptured by your beauty; you make it simply impossible to look away."

"You're laying it on thick today. What do you want?"

"Come away with me. I don't care where we go, just as long as you're with me."

She smiled softly, almost sadly. "I can't, Fred. There are only ten minutes until dinner and..."

"Perfect! Ten minutes isn't enough time to start and finish another assignment. And you need a break, Ana."

"There's too much to do."

"Fine." He heaved a great sigh. "I guess I'll have to find someone else to give this to, because, you know, no food or drinks in the library."

"Is that a sugar quill?"

"Passion fruit flavored."

Ana pouted. "That's my favorite."

"I know." Fred grinned. "If you keep going like this, Ana, you'll fry that pretty little brain of yours."

"I hate to say it, Ana, but I think he's right," Katie said with a sigh.

"I can't think straight anymore," Sarah added as she closed her book and rubbed her eyes.

Ana eyed the sugar quill as Fred dangled it in front of her face.