Snape's Daughter

Belladonna 4

Snape's Daughter

2 November 1991

Ana woke with a vigorous excitement. Today was the day of the first Quidditch match of the season. It was Slytherin versus Gryffindor, and Ana was playing chaser along with Adrian Pucey and Captain Marcus Flint. She'd made the team just as she said she would. In fact, she'd flown so well at tryouts, she made it through on the first round.

After dressing and sitting on the floor for Sadie, to pull her hair up into a braided bun, Ana went down for breakfast. The atmosphere in the Great Hall was full of the same excitement that filled Ana. Everyone enjoyed a good match it seemed, and Gryffindor and Slytherin were known for having some of the most epic matches. Not even the fact that Harry Potter, still in his first year, somehow managed to wheedle his way onto the team and secure the use of his own personal broom, could bring Ana down today.

"Come on, Ana; we should head down to the pitch now," Sadie said.

"Yeah... yeah, ok," Ana said a little distractedly. She had just seen a few of the Gryffindor players stand to leave as well; Fred was among them.

Fred and Ana hadn't spoken since the train, but every now and then she caught his eye in the Great Hall or in between classes. Each time they did, he'd offer a small grin that Ana couldn't help but return.

So when she saw him walking towards the pitch, Ana steered her friends into his path. Of course, she did this without her friends knowing her true intentions. After all, it's not like she liked Fred or anything; he was a Gryffindor. She just liked the banter that seemed to arise between them. It kept her on her toes, and brought out her best Slytherin. It was...fun.

As Ana and the girls walked by the group of Gryffindors, Ana saw Fred turn his head her way. Say something. Say something, she thought. But then she began to wonder if he would even bother with saying anything with Ana's friends being around. Ana began to lose hope that he would, until...

"Little Snake," he called. Ana grinned to herself and signaled for the girls to stop. "I see you made the team after all."

And schooled her features before turning around. "Was there ever any doubt, Red?"

"A little, if I'm honest."

"Well that's on you then. You see, I never doubt my convictions." Ana paused and ran her eyes over him. "I see you decided to keep the broom, but I see no evidence of the brain either. So what did you decide to do?"

"I'm saving it for another day, to see what else it can get me."

"You know... that almost sounds like a brilliant idea."

"Almost?"

"Yeah, there's just something that could make it better. What is it...?"

"If it wasn't from the mouth of a Gryffindor," Flora muttered under her breath with a scowl.

"That's perfect, Flora! Definitely a good point," Ana said. A few more Gryffindors joined them. Harry Potter was among this group, and Ana couldn't help herself.

"Well, if it isn't the local...celebrity." Ana had heard a rumor that Sev had called Harry that on his first day. By the look on his face, the rumor was true.