Hate Me

Belladonna 41

Hate Me

26 December 1994

Fred walked into a mostly empty common room and found his brother and Harry sitting on the same couch he'd left them on.

"What do you want?" Ron sneered as Fred sat beside Harry.

Fred ignored him and spoke to Harry, "Ana never showed for the fight."

"Good. Don't know why you invited her anyways," Ron said.

Again, Fred ignored him, "I was wondering if you knew where she might be."

"Why would I know anything?" Harry asked.

"She told me, Harry."

"She what?"

"She told you? I thought she didn't want anyone to know," Ron said.

"Well, I'm not just anyone."

"Still, I...I don't know where she is."

Fred sighed. Then an idea came to him. "Do you have the map?"

"Uh..."

"He won't give it to you. Don't give to him, Harry."

"Shut up, Ron," Fred finally said.

"Yeah. I got it," Harry said. "It's in my room. I'll go get it."

"I'll come with."

The fourth year dorm was empty, mercifully, when Harry and Fred entered.

"Er—sorry for the mess," Harry said as he rummaged through his things for the map.

"Pft. You've never seen mine and George's room have you? It's ten times worse here at school. I'm pretty sure the House Elves have given up on trying to clean our things."

"Sorry. I'm sure it's here somewhere."

"This is Ron's bed, isn' it?"

"Er – yeah. Why?"

"He's been a git lately. I should do something about it. Hmm, let's see." He took his wand out and tapped his chin in thought. "No, that's too easy...That's not good enough...Spi..."

"Here it is!" Harry exclaimed.

Fred turned in an instant. "Ah! My old friend." He took the map gently from Harry's hands. "Do you mind if I do the honors, Harry?"

Harry shook his head. "No. Go on."

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...as always." Fred tapped his wand to the parchment and the Marauder's Map came to life before them. "That never grows tiresome. She's a beauty, isn't she?"

"Er – "

Before Harry could answer, Fred laid the map on the bed, tapped his wand to it, and said, "Belladonna Evans." The map started flipping through its hidden folds.

"Wait! You can do that?" Harry asked.

Fred grinned in response. "I used to do this all the time."

Harry looked at him curiously.

"I mean...not to your...not to Ana. I didn't look up Ana." Fred said quickly. "Well I did but it wasn't all the time, which makes it sound like, I'm some creeper. I'm not. I just...you know how it is."

Harry nodded, "Probably best not to tell Ana that."

"Probably. It says she's in the dungeons, but I don't recognize the room."