The Burrow

Belladonna 46

The Burrow

28 June 1995

The school year ended on a somber note. The traditional end-of-year feast, in which the Great Hall was usually decked out in banners displaying the colors and crest of the Inter-House Champion, was more of a memorial in which all the banners were black and displayed only the school crest. Instead of his lively end-of-year speech, Dumbledore instead told everyone the circumstances surrounding Cedric's death, most notably, that he was murdered by You-Know-Who. Then, after the feast, addresses were exchanged with the promise to keep in touch, and the students all boarded their ship, or their carriage, or the Hogwarts Express to return home.

Except, Ana wasn't going home.

Shortly after Cedric's death, Dumbledore had established a group to counter-act You-Know-Who's rise to power. Sev, being in the unique position that he was, was sent back into the fray to gain You-Know-Who's trust. He took on the precarious mantle of spy once more. Mrs. Weasley didn't seem to think it was a good idea for Ana to remain home alone at Spinner's End while Sev was doing who-knows-what with his fellow Death Eaters; Sev agreed despite Ana's protests. So, Ana was sent to spend the entire summer at Fred's House under the ever-present and persistent gaze of his mother.

"Think about it this way," Fred said, noticing Ana's glum mood as they walked the train aisle looking for a compartment. "Now you get to spend the whole summer with me."

"And your brothers," Ana countered. "I don't think Percy will want to read Witch Weekly with me and braid my hair."

"I'll braid your hair," George said, reaching for it. Ana pulled back.

"You will not touch my hair."

"Your mistrust wounds me."

"It won't be the only thing to wound you if you ever so much as think of touching my hair again."

George laughed.

Ana returned her attention to Fred. "Look, Red, the prospect of seeing you all day every day is the sole redemption in this whole convoluted plan. I just worry about him, you know."

"I know," Fred replied, rubbing her back affectionately and kissing her forehead.

"Good Godric! I hope they don't act like that all summer. How do you live with it?" Ginny asked.

"With lots of numbing spells and vomit reducing tonic," George replied. "I hate to say it, Little Sister, but our dearest brother has changed."

"Your dearest brother, perhaps."

"What do you mean?" Fred asked.

"I've always preferred Charlie." Ginny smirked.

"Huh! Traitor!"

Ginny dodged Fred's attempted blow by ducking into a compartment with her friends.

"Hey, what's the little ferret doing down at that compartment?" George asked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is it can't be good," Ana replied.

The three of them approached the compartment Draco and his two dunder head companions were standing outside of. It quickly became clear that Harry was on the inside with Ron and Hermione.