Chapter 23

When the dance lesson ended, they were both very happy that they chose to try something new, that they decided to leave their comfort zone if even for a moment.

"Thank you for coming with me. I had a wonderful time, and I don't think that would have been possible without you there. If I had been all alone, I would have spent most of the time worrying. This way, I was able to relax and to enjoy this new adventure that we embarked on." Gem said.

"I am so glad you think so because I had so much fun learning about something so different from what I am used to. If it weren't for you, it would have never even occurred to me to do something as fun as this." John said, honestly.

He spent too much of his time worrying and stressing about his family problems, about his friends refusing to accept him for who he was, that he forgot to enjoy life.

Gem, no matter how hesitant in the matters of love, still managed to show him how to enjoy every day no matter how many bad things happened to him.

She had been through so much, more than she told him. He needed someone as strong and as creative as her in his life to show him that there were always two sides of the coin.

It came to him when he was telling her about his father, the realization that the situation could have been much worse. At least his father was alive and had the possibility of change in front of him. The same couldn't be said for Gem's father.

No matter what happened, his family was still whole, and they loved him, so he decided to try to focus on those facts more instead of focusing on the negatives.

It was obvious that Gem would do anything in her power to just see her father one more time, to tell him how much she loved him and how much she missed him, and John was taking for granted that he still has his father.

That day, he realized that nothing should be taken for granted. Life was short, and you never knew when you might lose someone. No one could know for sure when their time would come.

When they arrived at Gem's building, John pulled her towards him, and their lips met in a passionate struggle of lips, teeth, and tongues. The action surprised both of them, but neither one backed down. It was the most passionate kiss they had ever shared, and both of them got lost in it. There was no place for thinking just for tasting each other and feeling the delicate texture of each other's lips.

The wave of passion carried them to another place. A place where all that mattered was the strength of their emotions. There were no fears, no struggles, just two people enjoying the warmth of each other's lips and the exciting battle of wills.

Gem felt the excitement building up in her chest, so much so that breathing seemed to be a challenge. Her heart was fluttering in her chest like a trapped bird trying to escape from its cage.

Nothing mattered but John's lips exploring hers, his hands gently caressing her face and his warm body next to hers warming up even the smallest cells in her body. It was as if her emotions took over, and her brain was shut out, emotions in charge for the first time since she could remember.

All the emotions that she had bottled up inside her heart for such a long time, came rushing out and her need to feel real emotions whatever they might be, overrode her carefully constructed image that she usually projected to the world.

What was left were raw emotions, passion, joy excitement. For the first time, she lost control of her actions, and it was the best feeling ever.

When they finally came out for air, she could feel John trembling under her hands, which somehow had ended up firmly gripping his waist, pulling him closer.