You did as you were told and Damien pushed the gate open. You stepped inside and closed the gate behind you before walking alongside him to the front door.

"After you," he grinned as he opened it for you. He was always such a gentleman. You walked in and took in your wonderful surroundings. The dark wood, the chandeliers, the marvelous staircases...it was amazing!

"Thank you. You weren't kidding about this place!"

"It's great, isn't it? I'm glad you finally get to see it, although I wish the circumstances were better," Damien said. He led you to the kitchen, where you saw another man in a suit, presumably the butler.

"Ben, this is y/n. They're a very good friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while. I hope you don't mind me inviting them in. They've always been interested in this place, plus I was hoping to catch up with them," Damien explained.

"Of course I don't mind! Welcome, y/n. It's very nice to meet you. Can I get you anything?" Ben asked politely.

"What are you thinking? Is it too early for wine?" Damien chuckled. It was nearing afternoon, but you weren't usually one to turn down a drink unless you had to drive.

"It's never too early for wine," you simpered. "But you don't have to get it, Ben! I can serve myself," you added when you noticed him immediately grabbing glasses out of the cabinets.

"It's alright, I don't mind at all! Besides, I know where everything is and I'm still not quite used to being out of a job. I like keeping busy."

"We'll take the sweet red, you know which one I like. You'll love it, y/n," Damien commanded. Ben rushed down to the wine cellar and you took advantage of your moment of privacy.

"So, does he live here still?" you questioned Damien.

"Yes. He's so used to being here after so many years - it's his home. Even with his master gone, I don't think he really has anywhere else to go."

Ben returned with the bottle of wine and opened it, pouring a large glass full for you and Damien. You thanked Ben and clinked your glass against Damien's before taking a sip. He was right - it was sweet, just the way you liked it.

"Shall I give you a grand tour?" Damien puzzled. You nodded. He took you back out to the lobby of the mansion and set his cane down on a table under a big, beautiful mirror before beginning the tour, showing you everything from the game room and the theater to the many bathrooms and bedrooms. You sipped your drinks as you walked, and then he took you out to see the pool and the rest of the grounds.

"Can I ask what exactly happened that night?" you wondered as a gentle breeze grazed your skin.

"The night of the murder, you mean?" Damien clarified. You nodded. "It's hard to say exactly what happened. I mean, we all were partying, drinking, acting crazy and stupid. Everyone's memory was fuzzy. All we know is that Mark was estimated to be dead at around 1:30 am and a lot of terrible things had been done to him. Everybody was accusing everybody - every person there that night was a suspect. There was fighting, the detective and William were especially hard to keep away from each other... Hell, the detective is probably still chasing after him as we speak. He's 100% sure that Will did it. I don't believe that, of course, but there's not really any concrete evidence to prove who did or didn't do it. All I know for absolute certain is that it wasn't me. And since the murder, I haven't seen anyone except Ben. Everybody just took off." Damien drained the rest of his wine and took a seat on a bench near the pool, putting his glass down forcefully. You sat down next to him and set your glass down as well, but more calmly.

"That's awful," was all you could think to say. You tried to read Damien, but it was difficult. He put on a strong front, but he had to be hurting on the inside. "How are you, Damien?"