Felt Like a Grinch

Start from the beginning

The closest to describing it would be a mixture of relief, catharsis, gratitude, melancholy and unwillingness all balled into one.

I felt an intense heat radiate from my chest as the heart imprint on his chest glowed. The orgonic mana and metal that surrounded him vaporised into gas before undergoing deposition and turning back to a solid in the form of crystals.

His body slid to the floor. I walked up to him firmly. This was my choice. I had made it and just like all other choices I had made in the past—I wouldn't look back.

I squatted down, placing my finger to his nose. I felt a faint breath. He was alive. I sat down quietly next to him, not sure whether I was waiting for him to awaken or whether it was because I needed to get my thoughts and emotions back in place.

Minutes later, his eyes fluttered open, a pair of enchanting onyx eyes peering back at me with a gentleness one wouldn't expect from the son of a titan and a dragon.

My heart skipped a beat, breath quickening. This unfamiliar emotion welling in my chest, I had never felt before. It was unlike anything I had ever read. It wasn't some overpowering emotion, or a weak thread. But rather, something ineffable. No words could describe this feeling. No words were needed to.

"You...ar mai... sulmeet? (You are my soulmate?)" He spoke slowly, as if not used to speaking after being encased in ice for so long.

I took off my jacket and pulled down the collar of my shirt, revealing a heart imprint that was a carbon copy of his, only mine was coloured red.

"Joo...Saefed...me? (You saved me?)" I nodded softly.

"Pleasd tooh met joo. Ai am Luseeus. (Pleased to meet you. I am Lucius.)"

"A-Artemis." I responded awkwardly. It had always seemed very...Smooth whenever two soulmates met but here I was, a screaming mess internally staring him like an idiot.

"Hop joo ken orgiv me fur mai bed talking. (Hope you can forgive me for my bad talking.)"

I shook my head,"I can understand you. It's fine. Are you feeling uncomfortable?" I asked, a tinge of concern lacing my voice. I cringed internally.

When the hell did I get so soft?

He shook his head frantically, as if scared that I was worrying over him,"Noh! Noh! Am nut hort! No worry me pleas! (No! No! I'm not hurt! Please don't worry about me!)"

"I-I see." We sat awkwardly facing each other. One a human girl, basically half his size with a troubled look on her face. The other a god damned giant with six arms and muscles which could send any sane and straight girl screaming into the sunset to marry.

Just then, I realised I could cast healing spells and nearly slapped myself before standing up with a frown.

He jumped a little in fright,"Wher goh? No liv me pleas! (Where're you going? Please don't leave me!)"

My creased brows softened,"I'm not going anyway, just need to—"

Snap!

With a few attempts, I finally managed to get the mana flowing. Snapping my fingers, mana gathered,"Stay still. I'll do my best to patch you up."

He nodded, with an expression so innocent I could swear he was just a child stuck in a man's body.

"Healing touch." I thanked silently that he couldn't see my beet red face.