48) Sasuke's Choice Leads to Naruto's Departure

Começar do início

"How would you know the difference between what it does and doesn't sound like? I said I'm fine, so that should be good enough." He said somewhat coldly, making me sigh.

"Because I have a keen sense in knowing if someone is fine or not... If I'm being honest with myself... I'm not fine either." I said, as I laid on the ground looking up at the sky. I saw Sasuke look at me through my peripheral vision. 

"What do you mean?" He said looking back into the distance, resting his chin on his knees.

"I won't tell if you won't." I said, making him sigh.

"I don't feel strong enough." He said in a disappointed tone.

"I don't see why you think that Sasuke, you're stronger that you think you are." I said, as he shook his head.

"I wasn't strong enough to protect Naruto on the bridge. I wasn't strong enough to protect Sakura and Naruto during the exams, and I wasn't strong enough to beat Gaara, during the final rounds." He said, as I watched him clench his fist.

"Even the hero needs to be saved every once in a while Sasuke. Instead of looking at the negatives, look at the things you've managed to do so far kid." I stated, making him huff.

"What? Like run away like a coward and not fight against my brother when I had the chance? Fail at graduating the academy earlier? Get beat up and let Naruto surpass me in skill?!" He said slowly raising his voice as he went on.

"You've managed to be able to control the curse mark you were given, before you got the seal... Not even I could do that as quickly as you could. You've managed to be top of your class at the academy, and you've managed to touch a bell during the bell test! And how about the time you helped me and Kakashi during the fight against Rio? You even managed to learn Kakashi's Chidori Sasuke, that's more than worth it's praise." I said, sitting up, as he slumped, leaning his chin on his knees.

"Those so called accomplishments won't help me avenge my clan." He said, and I sighed.

"Not that I condone the choices you want to make but-"

"If you're going to tell me that violence isn't the answer, you can save it." He said, as I rose an eyebrow.

"Actually, I was going to say sitting here like a bump on a log while complaining, won't help you either." I said, making his head shoot my direction.
"No one ever accomplishes anything when they just talk about it. You can't just bark, and have no bite to back it up. If you really want to avenge your clan, this isn't the way to do it." I said, as he rolled his eyes, before getting up. A bird flew his direction, dropping a note into his hands.

"It's from Kakashi?" He said in almost a question, as he opened it.
"He wants me to meet him at the Dango shop." He said, as my mentally face palmed.

"Crap..." I muttered.

"What?" Sasuke asked, as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I forgot I'm supposed to meet him there too!" I said, as I stood up.

"He's probably not even there yet." Sasuke said as I nodded.

"You're probably right." I said, as he made our way to the Dango Shop.

* * *

"You're late (Y/N)." Kakashi teased, making me raise a brow. I looked over to see Asuma snicker, while Kurenai looked into the dango shop.

"Looks like we were wrong." I whispered to Sasuke, who hand his hands in his pockets, looking like he could care less.
"I'm sorry, I don't recall there being any specific time on the note." I teased back, as he rolled his eye. Asuma snickered louder, making me sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.
"What's so funny Asuma" I asked, as he smirked, before leaning near my ear.