48) Sasuke's Choice Leads to Naruto's Departure

Начните с самого начала

I miss you already old man. So does Asuma, though he won't admit it, it's taking a slight toll on him. I know he'll pull out of it though, we all will... I just miss you dad.

I took a few deep breaths, as I closed my eyes, listening to the sounds of the birds, the wind, and clanking of village walls. I felt a sudden tug on my clothes, making me look over to see Konohamaru.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as he looked up at the faces and frowned. I gave a sad smile as I ruffled his hair softly.

"Just thinking... Say, where are those friends of yours that is always around you?" I asked, as he looked at the ground.

"I told them I wanted to be alone today." He said, as he looked back up at the stone faces.

"Because you miss him right?" I asked, making him shake his head no, but the broken look in his eyes told me other wise.
"I miss him too, kid." I said, as he looked up at me, and tried to put on a brave face.

"He may have not been my birth father, but I'd look at him as nothing less. I can tell you miss him too... You don't have to pretend you don't." I said, as he sniffled, and cleared his throat. I watched as he rubbed his eyes with his sleeves.
"It's okay to cry kid, emotions remind us that we are human." I said, as he looked up at me.
"I bet the old man is right here with us, telling us to keep our chins up, and getting frustrated that we can't hear him." I teased, making Konohamaru chuckle.

"He's probably looking at girls."

"He did that?" I asked, almost in shock, as he chuckled and nodded.

"You should have seen him every time the boss would do his sexy jutsu..." He said, making me pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Naruto?" I asked, as he nodded.

"Though, my sexy jutsu got the old man real good one time." He said with a childish giggle.

"Well now I know where master Jiraiya gets it from..." I mumbled. I watched as he looked back up at the stone faces, and sighed as a frown was plastered on his face again.

"I just wish I could have at least said goodbye." He said softly, as his glossy eyes looked into mine. I gave a soft smile, and placed my hand on his heart.

"He's always here Konohamaru, so there's no need to say goodbye's." I said, making his eyes widen.
"In fact, goodbye's can seem like forever, so I often use the term see you later. He's always going to watch over us all until the day it's time for us to join him." I added, as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve again.
"I know that I'm no third Hokage, but if you ever need someone to talk to, or need advice from, I'm always here. Just keep your chin up Konohamaru... I see great potential in you." I said, as I ruffled his hair.

"W-where are you going?" He asked as I smiled.

"I got to go check on one of my comrades. See you later, Konohamaru!" I said, giving a playful salute.

"See you later..." He said, before turning back to the stone faces.

* * *

As I continued to walk through the village, I heard a frustrated sigh coming from the park. I looked over, and saw Sasuke lying on the grass, staring up at the clouds.

"Sasuke?" I said watching him as he continued to stare off into space.
"Sasuke are you okay?" I said as I sat down next to him, looking up at the sky.

"I'm fine." He said, sounding unsure of himself.

"Doesn't sound fine to me." I said as I picked a daisy from the ground.