"Oliver, I don't want to talk to them,"

"You have to. Forgive them and move on. I'm not telling you to befriend them again. Just let go of the grudges,"

I didn't argue any further. Oliver was right in a way but I also could tell he was trying to redeem himself for all he had done.

The minute I placed my bag on the table, all eyes shifted towards me. Tanya and Solida readjusted their surprised expressions into kind smiles.

"Hey guys," Oliver spoke, taking a seat next to me, away from his friends. He rested his elbows on the table.

"Alice, isn't it?" The lean guy with a nose resembling the witch of the west, asked me.  He spoke in a slight French accent.

I nodded my head, wondering how he knew my name.

He grinned at me. "My uncle is a big fan of yours. You met him at the exhibition, Remember?"

            My mind went back to the man in gym clothes and his brother with a strong French accent. "Abelard?"

            "Yah, that's him. He said he never met a girl with such an imaginative mind." I felt heat rise to my cheeks. Suddenly, warmth and fuzzy sensations encased my toes and cold fingers.

            "Well," Oliver beamed at him, placing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me towards him. I inhaled the strong smell of chlorine. "She's the most artistic person I know. No-one can beat her when it comes to colors," The sides of our heads were pressed against the other. I didn't mind though.

            Tanya gave me a sideways hug; it was somewhat awkward with Oliver still holding my shoulder. "It's great to have you back," She whispered. There wasn't the slightest trace of malice in her voice.

            "You just stopped hanging out with us," Solida spoke up, who sat on the opposite side.  She reached over the table, held my hand in her small one. "We really missed you,"

            Trever was now standing behind me, ruffled my hair. "Garfield is back, guys," I laughed at his old nickname. What surprised me the most was that he still remembered it.

            I turned my head to stare at him. He was smiling at me. Suddenly, I remembered what I used to call him whenever he smiled. "I see your smile still looks like the Grinch,"

            On usual occasions, he would have gotten annoyed but this wasn't an ordinary occasion. He began laughing.

            Zack with his short frame jumped to his feet and came rushing to my side. "You know what this calls for!" He announced with his hands hidden behind his back. "A Group hug!"

            All six of us got to our feet and huddled around Zack, just like the golden days.  My shoulders were lighter than before.  The world was suddenly not weighing me down.

            △▼△▼△

            Having friends is the most blissful feeling in the world. If only I had gotten to them earlier, none of this would have happened. Sometimes you have to be the first one to take a step forward. I'm glad Oliver had given me the push to move on. I would have lived the rest of my life with stupid grudges.

            After lunch, Oliver and I were walking through the crowded halls, heading towards our art class.  Few teachers strode past us, some gave Oliver affectionate smiles. The school swim team had recently won the state level swim competition. It was natural for them to be the favorites for some time.