But she was a bit nervous about tonight too. Her and Cheryl didn't really go to school parties. Of course they'd be lame but more importantly she wasn't very sure she wanted Cheryl around those people.

Toni had done a good job at avoiding them herself. She's done a better job at reinventing herself. She didn't want to be reminded of her past and she didn't want Cheryl to see the people she hung out with. Plus she's too far in her plan to let this ruin it. She's about to graduate her junior year of college.

But she knew things would be fine. Easy just avoid the folks you've partied with and the people you've seduced. Cant be so hard right? It's only about 60 girls she slept with that year and the whole class of 2020 knows her as the wild freshman with the bubblegum hair.

What did she get herself into?

She was panicking.

"Hey babe you're holding my hand a little tight there."Cheryl whispered

Toni loosened her grip on Cheryl and stepped into the limo

----

"Smile!" an ambassador shouted. She wore a NYU shirt with a black suit,silver shiny shoes and gold hoop earrings.

tacky.

"You guys can get your pictures online!" she added.

"Thanks I guess" Cheryl whispered as we walked around the loud individual.

Welp here's the hardest part. We walked up to a booth that told us where'd we be seated.  I mean this was expected. I definitely was going to see some familiar faces.

I don't understand why I avoided this. Because now shit is going to hit the ceiling fan. But the most I can do I try to keep my composure.

"Hey is something on your mind?"Cheryl asked me.

Yeah!

I'm an anxious mess

I don't want you to see me like this

"No um just hungry is all" I answered

She nodded but I can tell she's skeptical she just knows me a bit to well. But I'll be fine, everything will work itself out.

Me and Cheryl will leave this place hand in hand and have a wonderful night.

"Oh I think they are going to start serving soon."Josie said.

We were sat at a round table with eight seats.Me,Cheryl,Josie,Kevin,Maya,Maya's date,and oh-.

Why did she have to be here?

How lucky am I?

"Hi Toni it's been so long. I would say nice to see you again but....... I didn't exactly leave on great terms"
She said.

She as in Taylor. I met her in the middle of my Freshman year of college and we were on and of until a little after me moving in with Cheryl.

I have to admit that I was an asshole. But now is the worst timing. I don't have time to apologize to every girl I gave trust issues to. Even though I truly am sorry.

The food was set in front of me.

"Oh.........awkward"Josie mumbled.

That really made it better.

Cheryl looked at me in confusion. Apparently she didn't recognize her. Which isn't strange I basically kicked her out before they got a chance to know each other.

Kevin sipped his tea....no he slurped it.

So extra this one

"I'm sorry the way things ended. Happy to see you're ok"I said.