12)Tables Turn

Toni

Really Toni are you seriously crying over something you agreed to? Ughhhh , I just don't understand how she just said yes to her so easily. Like did she forget that she cheated on her the day before. What makes Veronica better then me? Sure she's sweet and buys her nice things but, she's so basic.

I bet they probably don't even have sex....

But why am I even thinking about this. Hell its been two weeks since she even said yes to dating Veronica, I should get over it. Not that there's anything to get over. Just a tiny crush on a beautiful girl that I see on the daily. To be honest it took me by surprise when I woke up the next morning cuddled into her.

Every time I hook up with a girl I usually sleep in my own bed after .I haven't had a crush on a girl since my sophomore year of high school . I should've known that as soon as I let myself have feelings for another girl she leaves me. But I was part of it I agreed to wanting it to be a one time thing. Its just so hard because as soon as I realized I wanted to be with Cheryl it was too late.

But to be honest I'm not the best model of a perfect girlfriend. Sure I have a past of partying and one night stands , and yeah maybe I'm part of a gang and a pretty important figure to it, but I'll work on it. Maybe she'll fall into me and we'll live happily ever after. Without Veronica....

When I walked into the dorm Cheryl was doing work at the table. I came and sat next to her.

"hey Toni," Cheryl said as she looked up from her work.

She had a bit more makeup on than she usually did but it complemented her so well. She looked beautiful.

"toni have you been crying...." she asked.

I wiped my eyes.
"Oh...no my allergies spiked" I lied.

Cheryl nodded her head. She knew I was lying but honestly I wasn't about to lay my heart out for w.
Cheryl packed up her books and was about to go to her room until I stopped her.

"Hey wait! Where are you going?" I asked .

She continued to walk away from me.

"To my room ...."

"Oh" I sighed. She didn't even look at me.

She's barely talked to me since Christmas. I honestly don't think it's fair. She was the one who asked for all of this. But now she doesn't even want to talk to me....

I'm not this fucking girl.
I told myself I wouldn't be this girl anymore.

————

I decided to take a walk around campus to calm down. I chose to walk to the library. A place I haven't been since orientation.

It was so calm when I stepped in ,but it was a bit cold. So I zippier up my jacket and swiped my card.
I went to sit by the lounge in the back.

At first I felt so out of place. Everyone there was reading or doing art. So was inclined to pick up a book myself.

I began to go through the isles and scan them up and down until I reached the murder/crime in the non-fiction area. I grabbed a book and sat down in the lounge.

"Lemme guess another law major?" a small blonde girl said next to me.

She proceeded to sit down next to me. So I shift my things over and she put her bag on the table.

"I mean not yet ,but I'm pretty sure that's the direction that I'll be going.... how did you know?"

She giggled softly....
"Sweetie you're reading 'A Fever in the Heart' by Ann Rule"

I hate to admit it but she was cute... no not cute hot.
I knew I was being chased and flirted with but I didn't even have the time or energy.

"So you're a freshman?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm a freshman."

"Cool" she said

"Look your hot and all but I'm not looking for someone right now..." I said abruptly.

She put her hand on her forehead and sighed.

"Ughhh. I have a girlfriend. I didn't mean to be so flirty I'm just nice. Maybe wanted to make a new friend is all."she explained

I laughed.
"Oh well my names Toni"

"Maya Hart"

Me and Maya continued to talk about ourselves and got to know each other. She was pretty cool. She's a sophomore and a art major. She's pretty smart and her girlfriend sounds so cute.

We talked all the way until 6:00pm. Mind you I left at 2:00pm. But it didn't feel like we talked for four hours. It felt so good to talk to someone without having to be Toni the Badass or Toni the Party Animal.

It made me realize how dumb I was. I didn't need to be that person. Frankly, talking to Maya for four hours as just Toni was refreshing.

Maybe that's what I should've down with Cheryl in the first place. Instead of trying impress her with toxic behavior.

But I'm gonna be me for me and not Cheryl. If she really wants me then she'll get me. But for now I'm not going to pressure her. Because I know she likes me, the regular Toni ,she just doesn't like Toni the Party Animal.

"Maya don't forget to text me ok!"I shouted as she walked the opposite direction of me.

"I won't!" She shouted back.

As soon as I turned around a girl handed me a flyer.
It was about Kappa Kappa Gamma's campus hide and seek game.

It had free food and that was all I needed to know. It costs 12$  and would be held 2weeks from now.

I'm down

————

If you were wondering who Maya was

If you were wondering who Maya was. This is her.....also her style.

I know she's hot