3)Alcohol is Good in Moderation

"Hmmmm home sweet home"I said taking in a deep breath.

I exhaled and sat down on the couch. I put my bag on the floor next to me and ran my hand through my hair. It was finally the weekend. I needed the weekend so bad. Is it possible to be a burnout before the end of quarter 1.

Toni wasn't in the dorm yet I'm guessing. She usually has company , and that's something I've been thinking about. Everyday I come back there's a different girl walking out of her room late at night. What is up with that?

I heard my phone ping . Apparently Veronica wants to come to my dorm. I smiled and texted her back.
I walked around to see if Toni was around. I know she doesn't have class right now so where is she?

So we are in the clear. Veronica should be here in about 20mins. I went to change into more comfortable clothes. How about a hoodie and some shorts.

I pulled my hair into a bun and sat on my bed when I heard the door open. Wow Veronica's early.

I walked to the door and it was Toni. This time without a 'friend'.

" Oh hi Toni" I said .

She seemed a bit different today. Still just as pretty though. Her hair was in a ponytail tail and she had in less makeup than she usually wears . I loved how Toni looked. Toni is so pretty.

"Cheryl you look nice too"Toni said with a smirk and walked in the dorm.

My face sunk.

I did not say that out loud.

"Um I didn't say anything about you Toni?" I questioned.

Before she made it into her room she turned around and said.
"I know. But I could tell you thought it......you are red Cheryl".

"Oh" is all I could even respond with. Apparently it's a funny response to realize you're blushing because now Toni's laughing.

I closed and locked our door and went to the fridge. I put Mac and cheese in the oven and cracked open a coke.

The door rang and I opened it.
"Hey Cheryl nice to see you"Veronica said giving me a hug.

I heard the shower turn on in the bathroom.

"Nice to see you too" I said locking the door behind her.

Me and Veronica talked about classes for a bit. Then the conversation warped into our high school lives.

"Well I wanna distance myself from high school me. I was so mean and conceited. I feel like after I graduated I realized that I can't be the queen everywhere...." I told Veronica.

Which wasn't a lie at all. I was cruel to everyone including the teachers. I don't even know why I did those things . Maybe because of my home life, maybe because of other things.

She was so understanding and so much like me it was crazy.  I could tell that we were going to be close.

Apparently Veronica was queen bee at her school too. She's from New York though. Which is something we don't have in common.

*Ding*

"Oh that must be the oven."I said getting up to go take out the Mac and cheese I bought from the frozen food section of the grocery store.

I took out three bowls and three spoons for all of us and brought sat them on the table.

"I hope you like Mac and cheese." I told Veronica.

"Who doesn't now all we need is weed and Netflix"Veronica said.

I heard the bathroom door click and Toni came out in a sports bra and shorts. She was still covered in water.

"Did I hear Mac and Cheese?"Toni I said with a smile.

Something about Toni felt so different today. She's actually talking to me. That's crazy. Toni sat down at the table and I handed her her and Veronica their bowls. I sat next to Toni at the table.

"Oh Veronica this is my roommate Toni"I said.

Toni smiled at me and I almost died.
Why would I die?
I felt my cheeks warming up.

"Hi Veronica "Toni said.

"Hi" Veronica said to her.

We had small talk while we ate. My phone vibrated on the table and everyone seen it was Reggie FaceTiming me.

I huffed and answered it. Toni then whispered something in Veronica's ear and giggled.

I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want Reggie?"

The phone went to poor connection and I waited.

I waited for him.

Still waiting.

When the connection was finally good all I could see is some girl all over him. Is he drinking?

I hung up and smiled at Toni. I felt embarrassed because of what she witnessed the other day.

"Welp he's drunk"Veronica said as she got up to clean out her bowl.

"Yeah and he's with another girl." I mumbled.

Apparently Toni heard me and touched my hand.
"He must be blind then" Toni said looking directly into my eyes.

That feeling came back for a second. For a second I felt fine.

"Well let's not dwell on that. Why don't we get drunk?"Veronica suggested.

I laughed.

"You can't be serious. That's the best way to ruin your brain cells"I said.

I never drank before.

"It's the best way to get to know each other"Veronica argued.

"High school is the best way to ruin your brain cells "Toni said with a laugh.

Veronica laughed out "True"

"What have you never drank before?"Veronica asked.

I felt embarrassed ....

"No I haven't..." I said .

Apparently it's that big of a deal because Toni and Veronica erupted into laughter.

"Plus we don't have anything to drink"I added.

"I honestly didn't think of that" Veronica said.

Toni stretched.

"I'd share with you guys if you guys invited me to drink with you"Toni said.

She has alcohol in her room. How did I not notice this?

"Of course you're invited. I like Toni she's fun"Veronica said.

Toni walked into her room and came out with two bottles of some sort of vodka with a goose on it.

Oh god what did I get myself into. Welp there's a first time for everything right.