21)Dress to Impress

"Yeah no...it's going to be fine Toni. She's just a little cold" I explained.

We were outside of my house because my mom figured out that me and Reggie were no longer together. Apparently her posted a pick with his new girlfriend on instagram. Like the idiot I am my bio still says I'm taken so my mom started asking questions.

I mean sure I could've told her about Toni earlier. But it's not like it would've went over well. Who knows what she'd say to Toni. Or what Toni would say to her.

I told her I was dating someone when she asked me. But the problem was I didn't have the courage to tell her that it wasn't a boy. I only admitted to myself that I was gay about 9 months ago.

What a great way to kick off my sophomore year of college.

"I wish you would've told me that she thought I was a boy when you left the house."Toni whined

"Me too"

I rung the door bell and heard the familiar tone flow through my house. Toni adjusted the dress I mad her wear before the door opened.

My mom face was glowing with excitement. She looked down at Toni and it faded a bit. I grabbed her hand and led us in the house since my mom forgot how.

Breathe

"Well good evening l-ladies...."My mother mumbled.

The house smelled wonderful. It's been so long since I had my mother's cooking , an god have I missed it.
Toni's grip on my hand tightened .

We entered the dining room. I gave my dad a hug and introduced him to Toni. His tone about the situation was a lot warmer in general. He seemed happy for me. But that's how it always was.

My mother a bit stricter than my father. Me and my dad were a lot closer than me and mother. The dinner was going great so far everything perfect except for Toni eating her meal in 5mins.

But my father got a kick out of it. My mother looked at her with disgust.

My dad stood up.
"Well it was so nice to meet you Toni, and it's always great seeing my little girl."

"Where are you of to?"I asked in response.

"Oh just a business trip . But you guys go ahead and stay here for the weekend. Can't have you guys in a hotel room."he suggested.

My mother nearly choked on her food and put on a forced smile.

"Thanks dad"

He kissed my forehead before leaving the house. I looked at my mom with a smile.

"Well thanks for the dinner Mrs.Blossom it was truly one of the best meals I've ever had"

My mom just stood up and left the room. Part of me wanted to cry. She was my mom. I knew she wouldn't have wanted this for me. But I didn't her to react this way.

"Hey Cheryl." Toni said

"It's ok she'll come around ok"

"Ok"

————

Cheryl sat in her old room and felt disgusted. Looking around at everything she felt so out of place . All of the cheerleading medals and poster of boys that she thought she was supposed to like.

The pictures that were on her vanity. Of her "friends", the same ones that used her and followed her for popularity. She wondered if that popularity meant anything now.

It didn't.

Her eyes fell on pictures of her and Reggie. There were so many of them it felt like they were staring back at her. She wished she hadn't waisted so much of her life trying to please everyone else.

So walked over to them and threw them out. She was so much happier now with Toni. But even without Toni Cheryl was living her life for her.

So she ignored her mother's attitude towards her relationship and remembered that the only one she was trying to impress was her.

That feeling was amazing.

Plus she has better friends now.

Josie, Maya, and Veronica were great friends. Yeah It did take Veronica a while to come around. But she accepted her open arms. She even went out with Kevin for drinks every now and then.

Kevin- is the one from the grocery store who is absolutely obsessed with her and Toni's relationship

Josie- performed at the talent show and Toni was so stunned that she waited until the show ended to talk to her about it.

Veronica-as you know is Cheryl's ex ..... that was kinda homophobic but she is working on it now at least

She didn't have many friends but the ones she had were accepting and loved Cheryl unconditionally.

Cheryl sat back on her bed and typed in the group chat her and friends were in.

Kev-hey guys how did it go

Roni- Yeah spill blossom

Cheryl- she's disappointed but my dad seems cool. He invited us to stay the weekend

Josie- a sleepover without me

Kev- ughh she'll come around

Roni- Toni how do you feel?

Kev-.......

Cheryl- she's in the bathroom

Josie- TONI

Cheryl-she's in the bathroom bitch

Kev-damn

Roni- Well damn

Josie- sorry the text came in late

Kev- what did you guys eat?

Josie- .........cherry pie

Cheryl- no we had roast beef

Roni-oooo fancy

Kev- ooooo "cherry pie"

Cheryl- aren't you allergic

Roni- no

Cheryl- not you kev

Kev- lmao

Toni walked out of the bathroom dressed in all black lingerie. She even and matching heels. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she posed at the door.

Cheryl- Toni's back gtg

Josie- pies ready

TT- shut up Josie I'm turning off the notifications