Fragmented Memory 1

Start from the beginning

Naruko disregarded the boys remark, having heard it herself. Not really caring and quickly forgetting the whole ordeal. But Sasuke couldn't do the same. The boys words were ingrained in his mind for the entire class lecture. Eventually, the class let out for lunch, kids left the class to eat at near by restaurants or the lunch room. Sasuke and Naruko went to eat at Akimachi Diner, a familiar hang out spot they regularly frequent.

Even as they ate, he couldn't get that boy's scowling visage out of his head, becoming more and more pissed off by the second. They finished their lunch quickly, and set out to class a little earlier then usual. They walked into the academy doors, Naruko making chatter as Sasuke ignored her. They got through the hallway and arrived at their class door.

They swung the door open.

And Sasuke was met with the most satisfying scene in his life.

On the floor, there was the scowling boy from before, being beaten by Kiba Inuzuka. He was black and blue in the face, tears trailing from his eyes. Naruko froze as Sasuke grinned. Kiba looked at them in fear. Naruko scowled, and took a step forward, intending on helping the pale boy, but...

Sasuke grabbed her by the arm, and dragged her away, closing the door behind him.

"H-Hey, what are you doing!? He needs our help!" Naruko nearly yelled in anger.

"Open your eyes idiot. Kiba and that kid were clearly messing around." Sasuke lied nonchalantly.

"W-What!?" Naruko said, flabbergasted.

"They were just rough housing, couldn't you tell?" Sasuke asked her.

"...I guess your right." Naruko relented, yanking her arm from Sasuke's grasp.

As they walked to the roof to relax, Sasuke smiled smugly.

'That's what that weakling deserves.'

〰️➿〰️

The academy finally let out, Sasuke ran out with a smile as Itachi stood with his mother. Naruko ran out with a full blown grin, matching her mothers cheeky smile. Each of them met up with their respective family members. As Sasuke chatted with Itachi on the days events, he saw the pale boy walk from the building. He walked with a limp and was covered in bandages and band aids. Sasuke smirked and looked to see who the pale boys family was.

Sasuke's smug face changed to one of confusion, as the boy merely walked off the Academy grounds. He, his mother, and Itachi began their walk home, as they walked home, Itachi noticed Sasuke gazing at the pale boy walking with a limp on the street from across them. Itachi narrowed his eyes as the boy limped into an alley way.

"Friend of yours?" Itachi asked suspiciously.

Sasuke turned away, as the pale boy disappeared into the alley.

"No, Just a kid from my class." Sasuke replied plainly, their walk resuming.

They arrived at the Uchiha Compound, guards bowing to them. As they walked into the compound, people stopped in respect of the main Uchiha family. Itachi received greetings from fellow ninja, sasuke grinning in response.

'Big brother is the greatest.' Sasuke thought to himself.

Their mother bid the two farewell, off to meet with their father, leaving the two brothers alone.

"So, that boy from earlier, what is your relationship with him?" Itachi questioned.

"I already told you, he's just a classmate." Sasuke said, getting annoyed.

"...I see."

Silence reigned for a long while.

"You should get ready for the festival." Itachi reminded Sasuke of the days importance.