Chapter 4 - Encountered

Comincia dall'inizio

"Uhm... Thank you, again."

She sighs...

"I hate you, Nathaniel... But I can't just let my boyfriend kill you. So we're just... even, okay?"

I nod my head yes and she walks out of the room. It's fancy here and, if I'm in the guest room, it feels like a master bedroom. I'm scared to see what the rest of this place looks like.

.......

She wasn't kidding about that medicine. I don't know what it was but, damn! My body doesn't hurt in the slightest and all I have is just bruises.

Bruises...

All I have is just bruises.

That's odd. Last time I got injured, all I had was bruises.

Lizzie walks into the room and asks if I was feeling any better.

"Yeah, I feel fantastic. Thank You!"

She gives me a nervous laugh and rushes me out. We eventually make it to the front door.

"Bye Nathaniel! Oh and uh, happy birthday!"

She says with a smile, showing her perfectly sized, clean white teeth.

My heart...

Butterflies again.

"Thank you-"
She slammed the door in my face.

"Uhh."

Okay, well...

Wow. That's the first time anyone has ever told me happy birthday before. Besides myself of course. I guess I'm headed home now.

I use the GPS on my phone and-hey! This place is kinda on the way toward my home. It'd take longer if I walked this way but, it's just two extra turns from my normal route.

Wow...

I look up and see the most beautiful view I've ever laid eyes upon.

A lake, with mountains far off in the distance, and the moon right in between two of those mountains makes it perfect for the moonlight to make a fantastic lighting effect on the lake. I knew about this lake and mountain range, but this house-erm, mansion actually, has a perfect view of it all. I stay for a moment in awe before I start making my way home.

.......

It took about forty minutes I think but, I'm finally home. I open the door and-Boxes?

My dad looks at me, carrying a box-
"It's time for you to leave."

"You really are just... kicking me out?"

"Yes son. It's time for you to become an adult."

He's so full of shit.

They had people moving my stuff into my new house so, at least they did that for me and left me some cash. Maybe they do care, at least a little bit.

I go straight to my room after that conversation. I get to stay here one last night.

...

It's the last few minutes of my birthday left, so, I do what I've done every year.

I turn off the lights, light up my pine-leaves scented candle, set it on the middle of the floor, and sit criss-cross in front of it to meditate and reflect on my day.

Today was mixed. Something that never happened to me before, happened.

I was happy.

I mean, yeah, I almost died but, I felt... so muc-
"Ahh!"