" I think I prefer Gwen's"

"I'm going to do everything in my power to try and forget that you ever just said that." Arthur shook his head scrunching his face up as well. He handed Merlin the basket. " I suggest you do the same"

________________________________

In the lower town, Gwen walked along smiling to some guards that bowed their heads to her. She stopped at a little shop that was selling fabrics and where a hooded figure stood to browse.

The figure turned around and grabbed Gwen's wrist making her gasp. But she relaxed when the saw Morgana's old and wrinkly face. She was once again using the ageing spell to disguise herself.

"Just a few drops will ease your troubles, my dear, my dear" Morgana secretly handed Gwen two vials. One filled with a clear substance while the other was a sickly yellow.

"Do you understand?" Morgana asked as two guards stopped to talk to one of the townspeople.

"Yes. Come" Gwen led Morgana away from the guards and the shop.

"Are you prepared? Have you found someone to take the fall?"

" Don't worry, I have someone in mind" Gwen smiled

" And remember, no harm is to come to Aria," Morgana warned " at least not yet" That time Morgana was lying. She had no intention of hurting her sister.

Gwen frowned but gave a small nod. She still thought that they should just get Aria out of the way as she posed a threat to their plan.

Morgana walked away and Gwen then walked back to the castle as if nothing had just happened between her and the high priestess.

________________________________

That night Merlin was busy washing the clothes Arthur had given him.

He picked up a shirt and thew it into the soapy water behind him. He saw a tray of delicious looking dumplings sitting by the basket and went to pick one up but the cook saw him.

"Keep your grubbing hands off my dumplings" She warned him as she moved the tray away.

Merlin picked up more clothes to wash them. He noticed a cloak in the pile with a familiar pattern around the ends.

He picked it up and studied it. He grabbed the piece of fabric he and Gaius found and compared the two.

It was a perfect match.

Aria was right. Gwen was was one in the forest, and now Arthur was in trouble.

Merlin quickly dropped everything and ran off to Arthur's chambers to try and warn him.

________________________________

In Arthur's chambers, Gwen and Arthur were having dinner. Gwen had already placed some of the liquid in the yellow vail into Arthur's goblet and was now waiting for him to drink it.

Arthur put the cup to his lips but didn't drink any of his wine as he stared at his wife.

" You know, that I think of it, we never got to have our little celebration, did we?" Arthur smiled at Gwen.

" Yes. When was that?"

"To us?" Arthur and Gwen clicked cups and drank their wine.

Arthur lent back in his chair as weariness suddenly overtook him. Gwen was starting to look impatient.

Arthur's shoulders sagged before he finally fell unconscious.

Gwen imminently took the second vail and pored some of its contents into Arthur's ear before getting up and moving to her bedside at the table. She opened one of the draws and took out a sharp dagger. It's blad glistening in the torchlight.