"Please fuck me, I need you so bad," I beg and buck my hips up again desperately.

She smirks, and just as she's finally about to slip her hand inside my panties, the sound of her phone ringing cuts into the thick air around us.

"Ignore it," I say instantly and she shakes her head as she pulls her hand out of my pants and reaches into her pocket to grab her phone while she gets off of me.

"Can't. Jonah," she mutters before pressing accept and bringing it to her ear.

I sigh in frustration and slump back against the pillows, trying to calm myself down because of how worked up I've gotten. This has been happening quite a bit recently the last few weeks. Jonah has been demanding more from Alexis way more often, and it's been cutting into our private time way too much.

It's like he's alerted every time we're about to have sex and then calls her out to do some bullshit deal for him, and I'm really fucking tired.

I just can't wait for her to finally pay him back and be done with him.

I've always been able to see the toll working for Jonah has taken on her, but it's been especially bad recently. I think the rejection letter she got from Berklee a couple of weeks ago, paired with Jonah breathing down her neck, has been getting her down. She hasn't really been her usual goofy self with me, at least not to the same extent as before, but every time I try to talk those things out with her she shuts down and finds a way to change the subject.

"Now?" I hear Lexi ask in an annoyed voice, followed by a frustrated sigh after whatever Jonah says. "Fuck, fine. As long as it's quick, I was in the middle of something. And I have to go home to get my shit first."

With that, she hangs up and looks down at me apologetically. I knew as soon as Jonah called her that she'd have to leave, so I'm not surprised.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'll be as quick as I can," she mumbles and leans down to peck my lips, but I turn my head so she kisses my cheek instead. I'm feeling bitter because this keeps happening, but deep down I know I can't blame her for this shit.

She sighs softly and pulls back, and I feel guilty when I see the defeated look on her face. I reach out to grab her hand and she looks at me sadly.

"Be safe and come back quick, yeah?"

She nods and I sit up so I can cup her cheeks and press a sweet kiss to her lips, which makes her visibly relax.

"I love you," she whispers and I smile because no matter how many times I hear those words from her lips, they still make my heart pound and my stomach flutter like it's the first time.

"I love you too."

With that, she gets up from the bed and grabs her hoodie and car keys from my desk before walking out of my room, leaving me alone to worry about what she's doing and who she's with. Like always.

-

It's a couple hours later and I'm cuddling with Pepper on the living room couch when I hear a knock at the door.

I spring up excitedly and quickly walk to the door, smiling happily when I fling it open to reveal Alexis. To my relief, she looks the same as before, no cuts or bruises that I can see. Before she can say anything I grab her and pull her inside then wrap my arms around her neck and kiss her hungrily. She kisses me back as her arms slide around my waist, pulling me even closer while she kicks the door shut behind her.

"My parents are still out for an hour," I mumble when I break the kiss.

She chuckles and shrugs her backpack off, letting it hit the floor by the door with a thud before kissing me again. Her hands move down to my thighs and I jump up, wrapping my legs around her waist while she holds me tightly and carries me down the hall to my room.