Two

Alexis

As I trudge down the hallways of my high school as grumpily as I can, music blasts into my earbuds as loud as it can without actually bursting my eardrums.

It's Wednesday, my least favorite day of the week, and school is finally out so I'm making a beeline for the parking lot, eager to get the hell out of here as quickly as possible.

On Wednesdays I have two periods where I don't have classes, but my school forces me to tutor classmates instead of using my free time the way I want, so I get stuck with a bunch of pricks I can't stand trying to pay me to do their work for them because they don't know how to lift a finger on their own.

When someone tugs on the sleeve of the hoodie I threw on over my uniform I clench my jaw slightly and spin around, ready to go off on whoever is holding me up.

I'm in a mood, in case you hadn't gathered.

I calm down slightly when I see that it's Maia, because she's one of the few people in this place who doesn't deserve my bitchiness.

Although, she's been annoying me a bit this week. We hooked up on Friday, and since then  she's been clingy as fuck. I didn't think it would be a problem because I thought she was just a straight girl who wanted a one night experimentation thing, but she's been trying to hang out with me constantly ever since as if she's actually interested in more.

She's a sweet girl though, so I don't want to be rude and just ghost her or something else that wouldn't be considered 'nice' or whatever.

"What's up?" I ask and take one earbud out, letting it hang down over the front of my sweatshirt.

"Are you doing anything after school?" she asks and I internally groan, my brain quickly racing to make up an excuse. She keeps talking before I can think of anything though, "Because me and Billie are having a kickback with some friends if you wanna join."

Billie.

Now that changes things.

To be totally honest, I haven't been able to stop thinking about the blue-eyed girl since we met on Friday. I don't know what it is, but something about her has been driving me crazy.

Even when I was off hooking up with her best friend, she was all I could think about. And, God, I know that sounds awful. I especially can't stop thinking about her eyes, and that stare that so often comes with them, the one that sent shivers down my spine the first time I saw it

I want her bad.

I'm not usually one to get hung up on someone like this, and it's annoying as fuck honestly.

"Yeah, I could be down," I reply casually and adjust the strap of my backpack, smirking when I see how happy my answer makes the girl in front of me. "Who else will be there?"

"You wouldn't know them, they're Billie's friends."

So I get to see Billie again and no one else from our school will be there?

"Alright, I'll be there," I confirm and she smiles even wider. "What time?"

"Eight. I'll text you the address." With that, she leans up and presses a quick kiss to my lips before turning around and walking off before I can react.

I shake my head slightly in amusement and put my earbuds back in while wiping my lips with the back of my sleeve. The fuck does she think we are kissing me goodbye like that, an old married couple?

-

"We should do something tonight," my friend Darius says, cutting into the silence that had overtaken us for a few minutes as we scrolled through our phones.