Three

Billie

I wake up with a grunt, the light streaming in from between the curtains making me not want to open my eyes.

I'm mildly hungover. Not too bad, but bad enough to make me want to stay in bed for as long as possible.

I'm still at Maia's house, having crashed in her guest room after one too many shots. I didn't black out, but my memories from last night are a little hazy.

One memory is clear though; I fucking kissed Alexis.

I couldn't help it, something just drew me to her lips.

I don't know what it is about that girl but I can't control myself. I hate it, because it just helps stroke her already massive ego, but I seriously can't stop myself. Something about that damn smirk.

Maia was hanging off of her for the rest of the night after we kissed which was good, because it meant there was someone blocking me from embarrassing myself and jumping her bones.

I feel a little bad for kissing her because I know Maia is into her, but at the end of the day they aren't anything official so she has no claim over her. Like Alexis said, we don't owe Maia anything.

At least that's how I'm attempting to justify it to myself.

She's the only girl I've kissed before, and one would think that would freak me out, but I honestly don't think anything of it. The only part of this situation that rubs me the wrong way is how Maia would feel if she found out, I don't give a shit about the fact she's a chick.

After lounging around in the large bed for a while I force myself to get up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get rid of my morning breath. I have a toothbrush at Maia's because I'm here so much, as well as a spare set of clothes that I quickly change into because my clothes from last night are nasty.

My stomach grumbles so I walk out of the guest room and head down the elegant staircase, walking into the kitchen.

I stop in my tracks when I see that someone is already in there, leaning against the counter while she scrolls through her phone and sips a mug of what smells like coffee.

Alexis.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask and she looks up, a smirk making its way onto her lips when her eyes find mine.

Does she ever not smirk?

"I spent the night with Maia," she replies with a shrug then looks down again.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Wait, did you guys hook up again?" I ask and she shrugs again.

"I don't kiss and tell," she says simply and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

That's obviously a yes, right?

I don't really have any room to be mad, and I'm not, but I'm a little surprised she ended up hooking up with her again after showing zero interest in her and a lot of interest in me.

"Don't you have school today?" I ask and check the time on my phone. If she is going into school, she's going to be at least two hours late.

"I have all my easy classes today, I can miss them," she answers cooly, clearly not at all stressed about the concept of missing school. Very different from Maia, who tears her hair out if she's 10 minutes late. "Maia went in though."

"Oh."

A silence falls between us for a little bit as she focuses on whatever she's doing on her phone, but it's not uncomfortable.