Five

Billie

It's Saturday and I'm alone in my room, listening to one of my chill playlists while drawing random shit in one of my song notebooks.

I was supposed to hang out with Alexis tonight, but I haven't heard from her all day and it's already past nine at night, so I guess that's not happening.

We didn't talk that much this week, but on Thursday she randomly called me and we ended up talking for a couple hours about anything and everything. Before we hung up she told me she was taking me out to something with her friends from out of school today so I shouldn't make any plans, and I agreed. She didn't give me any details, promising to text me more details soon.

As you know, she didn't.

I'm a little annoyed, because I turned down plans with some friends who texted me earlier because I thought I'd be going out tonight.

It's not the end of the world though, I don't mind staying in my room and getting some writing done.

If I really wanted to I could text my friends and go out at the last minute, so I guess deep down this is actually where I want to be.

I'm totally lost in my own world while I doodle and jot things down in my writing notebook, so lost that I almost totally miss the ding of my phone.

When it dings got a second time I look over at it and pick it up, finding 2 message from Alexis on the lock screen.

Lexi: Yo I'm here

Lexi: You ready?

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. She's here? Like, at my house?

Billie: fuck you mean here?

Lexi: outside hurry up

I huff in irritation and slip on a random pair of shoes before walking out of my room and out the house, finding her car double parked out front.

She rolls down the window when she sees me and honks twice.

"Hurry up!" she shouts playfully and I roll my eyes again.

When I reach her car I don't get in, instead leaning through the window. Just like she did the day we met.

God, why did my stomach flutter a little when I thought about that?

"Dude, I didn't even know you were coming," I say, getting out of my own head.

"My bad, had a busy day," she replies and reaches over to open the passenger door. "Get in."

"I'm not dressed for a party."

"You look good! Just get in, no one's gonna give a shit what you're wearing anyway."

I hesitate for a second before sighing in defeat and opening her car door all the way, slumping myself into the seat.

I hate that I always seem to cave for her. But then again, do I really I hate it?

She grins and waits for me to pull my seatbelt across my body before driving off, speeding down the street as she presses a button to make her music start blaring again.

I frown as I look out the windshield, annoyed at Alexis for just showing up without any sort of warning and annoyed at myself for going with her anyway.

"Perk up, Princess," she says and takes one hand off the wheel to nudge my arm before resting it on my thigh.

I glance down at her hand and don't say anything, taking a second to admire the ink that decorates her fingers.