One

Billie's POV

dude where the fuck are you?

I send yet another text to my friend as I sit in my car in front of her school, waiting for her to come out. Her last class ended 15 minutes ago, and I haven't heard from her at all even though she begged me to pick her up until I caved.

Last time I do that.

I groan in boredom and turn my music way up, leaning my seat back to get comfortable because lord knows how long I'll be waiting at this point.

I close my eyes but open them just a few seconds later when there's a knock at my window. I'm expecting to be greeted by my friend, Maia, but instead I find the unfamiliar face of a girl who looks about my age.

She's wearing the same school uniform as all the other girls who go here- blue plaid skirt, white collared shirt and high socks poking out from a pair of little white keds.

I always clown Maia because she's forced to wear it.

As much as I hate to admit it, this girl kind of pulls the uniform off. She'd probably pull anything off though, she's fucking gorgeous. I take a second to examine her features, finding intriguing grey eyes that are full of mischief, plump lips pulled into a slight smirk and flawless, radiant skin that looks ridiculously soft.

One thing that stands out is the tattoo on her forearm, which is fairly simple but large, and surprising to see on a prep school girl. I really didn't think any of the uptight weirdos at this school would even consider getting inked.

I raise an eyebrow and turn my music down then roll my window down before asking, "Can I help you?"

"Your car is sick," she replies and pokes her head inside through the window to examine the interior, clearly having no regard for boundaries. "You gotta clean your shit, dude," she adds when she sees various bags of chips and candy wrappers littering the floor.

"Do I know you?" I ask and watch her as she rests her arms on the edge of my window so she can lean against my car, drawing my attention to the smaller tattoos on her fingers.

Sure, make yourself at home why don't you.

"I'm Alexis," she replies and looks around my car for a bit longer before letting her eyes land on mine. "You're Billie Eilish."

I raise a brow. "You a fan or something?"

She shakes her head, "Nah. Preppy pricks at my school just don't shut up about you," she explains and eyes me, her eyes trailing down to my outfit. "I dig your style, I was definitely expecting some cringy bubblegum pop princess considering the kinda people I know who like you," she says with a snort and I chuckle at her bluntness.

"Don't you have to be a preppy prick to go here?" I ask and she shakes her head, making a face.

Maia's school is very elite and expensive, meaning that most of the kids who attend it are stuck up, trust fund babies who don't know how to act in the real world.

I can't stand most of the people I've met who go here, and all the others I barely tolerate. They're the born rich type who will never have to work a day in their life, but will get to roll in it anyway.

They're also fucking leaches who didn't want anything to do with me before I was famous, but now that I have a decent social media following they're battling to see who can climb up my asshole the fastest.

I met Maia when we were 11 in a dance class before she went here and our friendship bloomed almost instantly. I feel like if we met now we wouldn't be friends because both of us have changed a lot, but I love her anyway.