Ten

Alexis

I stuff my hands into my pockets as I walk towards Evan, staring him down while I try to get a feel of the situation. I silently pray that this won't turn ugly but I know I probably won't get that lucky. I don't want Billie to have to see this side of things.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I get closer to him, keeping my voice steady. "Am I gonna have to kick your ass again?"

He scoffs and stands up from my front step. "I want my gun back."

"No. We done?" I ask and he growls lowly.

"You have no right to keep it. I paid Jonah back in full, so give it back," he spits and I just shake my head.

"Nah. Consider it a late fee."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you," he says as he steps closer, towering over me. "Give it back."

"You really wanna try this again?" I ask as I stand my ground and glare up at him. "I'll just kick your ass again then send Jonah to finish you off."

His eyes flash with fear for a second when I mention Jonah but he still doesn't back up out of my space.

"Just give me my gun back and you'll never hear from me again."

I snort in amusement. "You think I'm an idiot? That's not how this works. Get lost, I could get you whacked for just showing your face in this neighborhood after the shit you pulled. I got rid of it anyway."

"You what?" he asks angrily and I see him reach into his pocket, pulling out something shiny.

My eyes flick down for a second and I see that it's a pocket knife as he flicks the blade out. Well, fuck.

"That was my dad's. You're so dead!" he shouts and lunges at me with the knife, but I quickly side step and avoid him.

He may be way bigger than me, but he's clumsy and slow which makes him pretty easy to dodge, especially because I've always had good reflexes and been quick on my feet.

He spins around and lunges at me again and I step out of the way, this time sticking my foot out to trip him up. He falls to the ground and I scramble on top of him, punching him hard in the face a few times to disorient him before I try to grab the knife from him.

"Lexi!" Billie's voice shouts from behind me, dripping with concern.

It distracts me for a moment and I look back at her, seeing that she's standing by the car instead of sitting inside like I told her to.

What the fuck is she doing?!

I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my side when Evan manages to pull his hand free from my grip and I cry out, looking down to find blood immediately seeping through my grey shirt. This bitch fucking cut me!

It was just a clumsy swipe because he didn't have full control of his hand as we struggled with each other, but it still hurts like a bitch and based on how it feels, I might need a couple of stitches.

"Shouldn't have done that!" I growl and hit him again as hard as I can again then snatch the knife, immediately pressing it against his neck before he tries anything else.

"You won't do shit," he spits while his split lip drips with blood.

"That's funny, Sanchez said the same thing before I slit his throat," I muse and his face turns pale.

"You? You killed Daniel?" he asks and I smirk.

"Sure did, and I enjoyed it. Fucker kept taking all my clients."