Eleven

Billie

"We're going to a party tonight," Maia says as she walks into my room completely unannounced, making me raise a brow.

"Says who?" I ask then look down at the white sneaker I'm doodling on again. "And who let you in?"

"Fin," she replies as she dives into my bed. "And says me. I really wanna go but Alexis is gonna be there so I need moral support."

"Can't we do something else? Like, literally anything else?" I ask and she whines.

"Bil, please," she begs and I look up at her again to find her pouting at me. "I wanna go, but I need my best friend there with me."

God damn it, I already know that I'm going to cave. I've always been a bit of a pushover for Maia, but now that I've fucked around behind her back the guilt I'm feeling makes me even more of a pushover. Right now she could probably ask me to file her taxes for her and I'd do it.

"Fine," I grumble and she squeals happily. "But we're leaving when I want to!"

"Deal," she grins and leans up to kiss my cheek. "Thanks, Bil."

A couple hours later I find myself inside one of Maia's classmates flashy houses, surrounded by a cloud of smoke and the stench of sweat.

It's actually not too bad so far, we came on the later side so everyone is already too smashed to really make a big deal out of me being here. Maia went straight for the shots while I decided to just sip on a soda for now so I can keep my eye on her.

She told me that after a few drinks she was either gonna try to sleep with Alexis or fight her, and neither of those are things we want to have happen, so I think I should stay sober for now to make sure she doesn't do anything she'll regret.

I think Alexis would probably knock her out cold with one punch if she had to, so I need to prevent a fight at all costs.

I haven't seen Alexis yet, but Maia said she knows for a fact that she's coming because a bunch of people arranged to buy from her tonight. Part of me is excited to see her because, well, it's Alexis and I love spending time with her. The other part of me is dreading seeing the girl I'm sleeping with and my best friend who's crazy about her in the same room together.

I check on Maia again to find her talking to some guy then walk over and slump down on one of the couches with a group of people who look sort of familiar.

They're all talking about something but I don't really pay much mind to them until something catches my attention.

"I hear she got, like, stabbed," someone on the other couch tells the group and I instantly perk up at that.

"No way," another person says with a scoff.

"Why's that so hard to believe? She lives in, like, the hood," the first girl says and scrunches her nose in disgust. Fucking prep kids. "And she sells drugs."

"Well yeah, but who told you that?" the second guy asks and a third person chimes in.

"I heard it too. Apparently Zoey saw, like, fresh stitches on her side when they were hooking up and when she asked about it Alexis got all weird and told her to stop asking questions."

My stomach twists at that. Maia mentioned this Zoey girl too but I tried to ignore it, but now it's kinda hard.

I don't know why part of me is so surprised that Alexis is hooking up with other people. It's not like we ever had a talk about fucking other people or something. I guess I just thought things were starting to become a bit more than just casually hooking up between us. She takes me on what feel like dates and we've had moments together that have felt so...real.