" Maybe she had to. Maybe whoever she was meeting was here in Camelot.  Whoever it was, was the person who killed Tyr " Aria states

" Until we have more to go on, this is idle speculation," Arthur ordered
" Gaius, Merlin, see what you can find in the woods. Perhaps there's something there we overlooked."

Gwaine goes to get up from his chair "I'll go with them,"

You'll do no such thing." Gaius stopped him making him sit down again. " you rest, Gwaine. Physician's orders. "

Little did they all know what Gwen had been watching the whole time through a secret window in the wall.

________________________________

A while later Arthur was sitting in his chambers, sat at the head of the table thinking.

"Arthur, are you alright?" Gwen asked

Arthur didn't been glance round at her" What if Aria and Merlin are right? What if Morgana did attack the patrol?"

"Morgana?"

" She wants me dead. What better way of achieving that than conspiring with an ally within Camelot? An ally she couldn't risk meeting within these walls?" Arthur theories

"who?" Gwen asked from behind Arthur.

"As Aria said whoever killed Tyr"

"but that doesn't make sense. If your the target, " Gwen walked to Arthur's other side. "Why kill Tyr?"

"To protect their identity" Arthur replied

"Perhaps"

" Tyr's killer had an intimate knowledge of the palace. Whoever they were, they must be known to me.  And they must be here as we speak"

Gwen walked to the table and sat down on Arthur's right. "if what you say is true. They must be found, quickly."

"And if they're not they'll strike again," Arthur said

"I will not let that happen," Gwen said falsely as she took Arthur's hand

"I would lay down my life to protect you" She lied " You'll find them, Arthur, you and I together."

________________________________

A little while later that day Aria was in her chambers, leaning over her table with numerous open books and papers around her. She was in her pretty pink dress and she had her hair in a simple braid.

There was a knock at the door

"Come in" Aria called and the door opened

Ruby, who was laying bored under the table, perked up when Merlin entered and began barking and wagging her tail excitedly. 

Aria shushed Ruby, looked up and smiled" Hello, Merlin. What can I do for you?"

" I came to ask you why you keep glaring at Gwen?" Merlin asked

Aria straightened up a serious look on her face as she turned to look at Merlin with her arms crossed. She had to tell someone about what she saw in the woods that night.

" If I tell you, swear to me you will not tell anyone else or you'll be charged with treason," Aria said looking dead serious.

Merlin nodded.

" This was about a week ago. I couldn't sleep because of my nightmares and I heard someone outside my door. So I looked and saw Gwen sneaking out of the castle.  My curiosity got the better of me and so I followed her"

"Where did she go?" Merlin enquired

" To the forest to meet... Morgana" Aria reviled

Merlin's eyes widened " Why didn't you tell me or anyone about this sooner!?"

" Because I didn't think anyone would believe me and I thought I could find a way to break whatever enchantment Morgana has over Gwen" Aria gestured to all the books and papers on her table.

"I believe you, Aria" Merlin placed a comforting hand on her shoulder

" I don't know what Morgana's done to her but she hates everyone and thinks she can only trust Morgana," Aria explained sadly

"Thank you for telling me, Aria" Merlin smiled

" She's going to try again. I know she will. Please protect Arthur, he's all I have. Use your magic if you have to" Aria was almost in tears with how worried she was for her brother's life.

" I will. I promise. I've got to go. But be careful. Don't let Gwen know you're onto her or she'll go after you as well." Merlin said before he rushed out the door.

___________________________________

Hey guys. Just so you know, after today my two weeks off school is over so it's back to the normal updates every week on Sundays. Bye guys.