Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Fabien had an uneasy feeling about Celia's new protector, even though he acted more like a butler than a bodyguard. He kept a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't do anything suspicious to lead him on about Celia or just anything in general. So far he seems normal, but that doesn't let him off from under suspicions. He and Raphael were sitting in silence looking at each other until they heard Celia.

"Fabien, do you think you can drive into town and get me some milk?" Celia yelled from the kitchen. She poked her head into the doorway and had some flour on her face. They both turned to look at her and didn't say a word. "If not then I could go myself, maybe Cole would come with me," she said stepping into the room and cleaning her hands.

"N-No I could go with you if you want," he said getting up. He turned to look at Raphael and he smiled as he walks over to her and kissed her. She didn't accept it and punched his stomach, he fell to his knees as she walks past him.

"Hurry up or I could just let Raphael take me instead," she said walking out of the room.

Once she was out of sight, they both stared at each other as Raphael starts to laugh at what he saw there. He got up and gave Fabien a hand, but he got up himself. He pulled his hand back and went back to his room, as Fabien straightened himself out before Celia came back to the room. "Let's go, the sooner we get back the sooner this day will be over," she mumbled grabbing her house keys and walking to his car. She thought this terrible day would never come, that she would be stuck with him for who knows how long.

~

 Colette walks into the kitchen and finds Raphael in deep concentration, she tried to get his attention but he was to busy thinking about Celia she guess. She sat in front of him and stared into his dark eyes until he was out of it, he blinked a couple of times before getting his state of mind in order.

"Why don't you just talk to her? She's really a nice girl once you get past the fists of rage she has towards Fabien and if you don't startle her awake," she said taking a sip of her drink.

Raphael looked at her and thought for a moment but had nothing to say, he got up and got himself some plain black coffee. He pours himself a cup as Colette starts to speak, 'Does she ever not speak,' he thinks as she blabbers away.

"Well why don't you get her something that interest her. She likes puppies and the color white, you could get her one!" Colette said.

Raphael turned to see her with his eyebrows raised, 'How crazy is this chick?!' his expression was painted. "Okay, then what if winter comes? then she will lose it in the snow," he said.

"Then get an inside dog and train it. She loves the winter you could name the puppy Elsa to bring a smile on her face," she said.

He gave in, just to let her stop talking for him to think of the mystery around Celia's parents. "Fine, I'll find her one once Fabien leaves. If he's here then he would copy me or say he got it for her instead of me," he turned back around as he puts his cup in the sink.

Colette smiles as she watched him, 'he got it bad for her, but no one could blame him' she thought as she walked out of the kitchen into the living room.

~

"So why are you really here Fabien? I know it's not just for me," Celia ask Fabien as they're on the way back to the summer house.

"Because I love you and no one is going to change that," he said looking at her but she didn't look at him.

Celia continued to stare out the window, watching the world go by. She was frozen in time, blocking Fabien's words out. 'How did I get myself into this situation?' she thought as she saw the sun setting as it disappears over the horizon. She checks her phone and it said it was about half pass six, but she had a message from Raphael. Opening her phone she read the message, laughing she knew he would say something like that.