Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Celia? Can you come into the kitchen for a moment?"

The bountiful teenager hurried down the stairs to the kitchen where she sees her parents in a deep conversation. Neither of them noticing her yet she takes in their appearance with concern in the back of her mind

Her parents Adalia and Travis Porta, a wealthy family due to marriage over many centuries. Only recently now becoming an only daughter, it was tough for her to accept these rules that she had to deal with alone. One of the many roles as a Porta includes an arrange marriage to a man of wealth that she doesn't love. It wasn't their arrangement but another family who had taken in her looks and academics ever since she had entered the system.

"Yes, Mom? Dad? What is it? You do know I need to hurry for I'm about to be late for school," she tried to get their attention now as she woke up late.

"I know sweetie. Just sit down for a moment we need to talk. All of us," Adalia said as she glanced back to her loving husband.

She looked at Travis with daggers in her eyes, a look that she hasn't done in a while. Celia pulled up a chair and sat down. She had a feeling that she was going to be late for school today. She never seen her mother looked at her father like that before, if she had then she must of forgotten about it.

"Well, you know about the tradition of the Porta family. Meaning that you're in an arrange marriage with Fabien Ambrose," Travis stated.

'Yeah, I know dad," said Celia in a rueful voice. Having the conversation so early in the morning made her in a worst mood than actually going to school.

She was technically forced into this marriage to please her parents and Fabien's pride, but she doesn't love him or even like him. The Porta's bloodline had been known for their wealth in Spain before traveling around the world to give to humanitarian organizations. The pride of Fabien's family is their money from stocks within the imports and exports of France. She could care less for his pride, he can go shit it down someone else's toilet for all she cared. She knew little to nothing about him, but she would try to give him a try for her family's sake. She met him once before but the interaction was short-lived. The only thing about the arrangement was that she doesn't know, or can't express her feelings. Her thoughts run wild as her mother continues to talk as if she was still listening.

"We also know that you don't have any feelings for him at all," Adalia with her blunt but sweet accent that she had made the words sound not as bad as it was supposed to be.

"How do you-" Celia was shocked as her question was cut off before she can continue.

"Because you are our daughter sweetie and we know you. Even about your phobia," Celia's parents both mentioned.

Celia smiled a sad smile. Her parents were all she had left and she loved them with all of her heart. They know her so well that no one can replace them. If they were gone she doesn't know what she would do without them. What she does know is that she won't have to be with Fabien anymore. She'll find a way to get out of it one way or another.

"So was that what you wanted to talk to be about? if that was it then I think I can still make it to school on time," she said getting up from her chair and grabbing her bag to lift over her shoulders.

"Oh no, that wasn't what we were going to talk about," Adalia pointing back to the chair for Celia to sit back down. She groaned and sat back down waiting for what they had to say. She looked at both of them with a tilt of the head.

"Okay, what is it?" She asked a little impatiently. She actually wanted to go to school, but only to learn. Not because Fabien will meet her by the front doors and try to kiss her every time they see each other. Her parents looked at each other before responding.