Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Tibet slept outside of Celia's door. Raphael thought he was in the room with her from last night. Thinking about her drenched in rain plague his mind that night. He walks into the kitchen to see Diego staring out the window. He walks pass him to grab himself a cup of coffee and a cup of tea for Celia. Feeling a vibration in his pants, he takes out his phone. He got a text from Fabien saying that he and Colette are on their way. Closing his phone, he turns to look at Diego. Silence was an often sound between the two brothers since their mother died. It wasn't long before Colette and Fabian got there. They talked among each other as they sat on the couch.

"Where's Celia?" She asked as she noticed that she wasn't in the room with them. "I texted her but she didn't answer."

"She's in her room. She cut her palm yesterday so she was a little shook about it," Raphael said.

She got up to go see her, walking slowly out as she saw Diego looking at her. A little unnerving, she found Celia's room as she saw her dog outside. Finding it a little strange she knocked softly. Not getting a response she turned the knob to enter, but it was locked. Knocking harder she called out her name as Celia's dog started to whine, scratching at the door. Getting on her knees she looks underneath the door to see if she could see anything. All she saw was Celia's body near the restroom. Running back to where the others are she quickly explained to Raphael what was going on as they all hurried to open her door. Diego kicked the door down as Raphael and Fabien walked into her room. Fabien checked for a pulse as he pulls her onto his lap. A mix of water, blood, ash, and glass littered the floor as Raphael saw the balcony doors were busted, hinges and all.

"What the hell happened?!" Colette asked as she sat next to Fabien.

"It looked like the weather took affect on her doors," Diego said as he stayed at the door.

"But look at it. Weather can't make it look this bad," Fabien said as he told Colette that Celia is fine.

"It could of been a break-in but the weather made things more complicated," Raphael said as he looked around the room. "Get her out of this room. Put her in one of the spares or the couch," he said as he picks up a piece of black ash that was around the balcony.

Fabien and Colette took her to the living room as Diego and Raphael remained in Celia's room. Tibet stayed as he was scratching for something under her bed. Raphael picked him up and handed him to Diego. Lifting the blanket, he saw a little white card on the ground. Picking it up he examined it, cursive writing was overlapping each other but at the same time it wasn't. The only thing he can make out as a 'M'. It looks more like a tattoo than a symbol but you never know these days.

"Diego. You were out and about. What can you tell me about this?" He showed his brother the bloodied card.

Diego examined it before responding. "I don't know much. I only know is that it's a group that isn't good," he said as he gave the card back.

"Just behave here alright? Celia is unconscious and her friend and fiancé are here as well," Raphael said as he takes the card.

Diego doesn't say anything as they continue to look around the room. They found nothing else as they walk out. Diego giving one last look to the black ash and the red smeared floors before leaving.

~

Fabien and Colette watched over Celia. Tibet trying to jump onto the couch but he was too short. Colette picked him up and placed him on the couch, scratching at the blanket slightly he lays down under her arm. They talk among themselves as Diego and Raphael come into the room. Colette whispers to Fabien that the other guy is Raphael's brother for Celia told her over text. Fabien pets Tibet as everyone else remains in the living room.