Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Celia sat upright on the couch in only her silk white robe. Holding a cup of green tea she slowly takes a sip here and there enjoying the peace and quiet. She asked Colette if she could push one of the armchairs to the window so she could just look out. Here she was, looking at the dying purple flowers from too much rain and heat. Hearing soft footsteps she can tell who it is base off of it.

"Come join me Fabien," she said as she sets her tea down.

There was a silence before the footsteps got closer before she saw him sit near her. Fabien's hair is in disarray as he looks down to his knees. Fidgeting slightly as he remains there he tried to think of what to say.

"Colette told me you want to tell me something. I'm not going to hurt you since I'm unable to now due to whatever happened to me and my current condition," she said calmly as she continues to look out the window. Lightly touching her hand to feel the bump on the her head from that night in question.

"Alright... I know that you don't particularly like me..." He started.

"No I hate you relationship wise but if we weren't like this then maybe something might of happened," she stated.

"I know that you're dealing with stuff and that you're annoyed with me but I came here to tell you something."

"No one here really understands what is going on with me besides myself." Tibet walks in and scratches at her robe.

"It wouldn't be hard if you explain more," he said as he picks up the pup.

"Sometimes the moon is all I have. It sometimes can be chipped but it'll still be there."

"Because you can't possibly push that away anymore than you can a human," he said jokingly. "I'm calling off the marriage and before you ask-"

"I wasn't going to ask," she said.

"I am calling it off because I can't love you if you don't want to be loved. I'm not pointing any fingers for I made this decision."

"That was actually the nicest thing you ever said," Celia turns to look at him.

"By calling off the marriage I'm losing my name in the family will for the inherits. I am going to be moving somewhere new with some money I've saved and starting anew. By doing this I feel like I can change," Fabien said as he smiled lightly.

"I think you changed enough to not be you anymore. You're not all touchy touchy now. If you were like this then I wouldn't of despised you so much," she gave him a little smile before putting it away. "I liked the old you believe it or not. That doesn't mean for you to transform and think I'll take you then."

"Thanks I guess. I've told Colette and she is trying to help me through it all as well," he handed her the pup.

"I know. Colette told me about your little 'rain session' while she was helping me earlier. I just want her to be happy," she said as she pets Tibets head.

"I just don't want to hurt her. I really like her a lot but she has so much compassion," he said as he watches her.

"I'm sure she's capable of hurting you herself if you do anything. I don't really know what else to say besides good luck with everything," she said as she picks up Tibet.

He got up to walk off but stopped. "A small part of me loved you, but I  knew that it was to good to be true. If I was like this? The real me, I mean. Would I had a chance?" He asked as he waited for an answer.

She thought for a moment before responding. "It wasn't because of you that made me hate you. I like how mellow you are but if I were to change then maybe something could of happened. I can't be certain but if I was raised differently or if one thing was different then maybe. I have this thing inside of me, that I have to deal with alone. I'm sorry Fabien, but that's all I can give you."