Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Images flashed in her mind as she feels the cold water run down her back, it was still a little sore and raw from Colette taking the glass out. She knows that Colette told her not to lay on her back and to let it air out, but she always find herself on it when she wakes up. Staring at herself in the mirror she looks at her body. What once use to be clear of marks is now a canvas of scars among her back. Tracing them lightly she remembers making them after Raphael left her alone after kissing her. That feeling made her stomach jump and ache at the same time. She wants to make him happy but at the cost of her suffering?

She didn't slept good that night of the videos. She kept seeing the suffering run through her mind like the film. Watching the killings and seeing herself almost falling to victim, but for some reason they chose her. She would denied it if she could, if she didn't feel like she was being watched at every corner.

'Why me?' she thought. 'What have I done to get all of this recognition?'

'Why did they kill every one of my intimate family besides me?'

"Belle..."

Sinking to her knees, she pulls on her hair. Screaming silently she tries to let out her frustration the best she could before putting it away. She puts it in the back of her mind to not be seen ever again. Wiping her face she gets up from her spot and moves.

~

Fabien called Colette after about five weeks of being gone. Picking up she answers with glee, trying to figure out what to say or talk about she just said the first thing that came to mind.

"Hey."

"Hey. How you been?" Fabien asked. He's been getting use to his new place on his own.

"Alright. I've been lonely though," she said.

He chuckled softly. "I'm being serious. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"How's Celia?" He asked.

"She's doing alright I guess. She's been keeping to herself."

"Is that a good thing?" Fabien questioned.

"Honestly... I don't know."

"Anything new?"

"Not really. I know that Raphael's brother is out of the picture."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He didn't say why."

"I just hope things go well."

"They will. How did your parents react?"

"They weren't happy about it but I had to move on."

"And I'm glad that you did."

They continued to talk for a while before a small argument broke out about Celia and the marriage. They don't remember what started the conversation but that didn't stop them from continuing. Colette didn't know why Fabian continued to ask about her, yes they were engaged but it just bothered her a little.

"Why do you still care?"

"I still care because she's your friend. I'm always going to care for her but I have feelings for you."

"Whatever," she said.

"You don't have to be upset about it."

"Who said I was upset?"

"By the way you're acting you're upset."

"I'm not. Who all did you tell about the engagement?"