Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"You can take your car and go," Raphael said as he and Diego walked out to the porch.

"I don't have to go just yet brother," Diego smirked. "You never want to spend time with me."

"The last time I was with a client you almost got her killed!" He snapped at Diego.

"Hey it's not my fault she wanted to be with me instead of you and besides I wasn't trained," Diego said nonchalantly.

"That's why you have to be trained before you can do anything," he tosses Diego the keys to his car. "Now get out of here."

"But Raphael I have changed since then. I have gotten my life together and Celia believes in me." Diego said with hope.

"Don't you dare drag her into this situation. She has nothing to do with this," Raphael pushes him against the door.

"I think she has a thing for me though," he smirks.

"That's impossible," Raphael laughed as he let Diego go.

"And how so?" He asked.

"Because she's engaged," Raphael said as he leans on the wall.

"I bet it's not serious. I can change her mind," Diego stretches.

"You can't be serious," he scoffed.

"On the contrary. I see the way she acts when she's around me. She wants me. She is practically begging," Diego said. "I can see it in the way she moves, the way she talks. It's in her body language."

"You're a fool if you think she is going to be with you."

"Is brother upset she likes me better than you? Or have you develop something in the process?"

"In your dreams." Raphael rolls his eyes.

"She already invited me to spend the night with her."

"You can't get everything Diego," Raphael said.

"Oh but I already have her brother," Diego walks back inside.

~

It started to rain on this dark afternoon. Thunder roared in the sky as raindrops hut the windshield of Fabien's car. Colette stared outside as the passing fields darken from the rain. He glances at her from time to time, seeing the way she looks. He pulled over to the side of the road and stops the car. Colette didn't turn around as she continued to stare out the window, watching the raindrops race to the bottom of the windowpane. They sat in silence before Colette broke it.

"Why did we stop?" She didn't look away from the window.

"Because. I feel like we need to talk and get rid of this uneasiness before getting to Celia's summer home," he said simply.

"Why can't you just drop it? I already have and now you're just bringing it up again."

"It's not that easy for me Colette. One moment you're telling me you like me and the next you'll despise​ me,"

"Well that's how it works. When you give out your feeling and you're denied you have to find a coping mechanism. So I started to deny everything I've said.

"But you can't do that to me," he said.

"And why not?" She asked.

"Because I never denied your feelings for me. I don't know what made you think so but I never said that I didn't like you."

Colette sighs as she opens the door and steps out. Fabien at first didn't know what she was doing until she already done it. Rolling down the window he called out to her.