Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Diego talked more than Raphael did. Celia was in the kitchen as Diego offered to help make dinner. At first she declined but ended up saying yes for she can use this to get to know him. She handed him some vegetables to cut up as she started on the meringue for later.

"What do you do Diego?" She asked as she set the meringue in the fridge for later.

"Well my brother probably told you that I was in and out with jobs but that's why I'm actually here. It was going to be a surprise but he probably hates me for randomly leaving and coming back out of the blue. I can trust you right? You're not going to judge me like he will?" Diego stopped cutting as he sets the knife down.

She turns to look at him. "No of course not. If it's a secret I don't tell many. That's why Raphael still doesn't know a lot about me," she gave him a small smile.

"But why?" He asked.

"Because I like to be and to remain a mystery. Besides we're talking about you now not me," she said as she starts to cut off the skin from the chicken.

"Alright... I'm actually here because I got a new job. I'm being transferred and I actually need my car so that they can transfer it there as well," he said as he puts the vegetables in a separate bowl.

"Well that's great! I bet he would be happy to hear that," she places the chicken in a bowl as she starts to season them.

"No he wouldn't. If I told him he'll probably think that I came crawling back for money or a place to crash. He's been like this ever since our mom died," he sighed.

"I'm sorry to here that. My parents died recently but you guys shouldn't be fighting over something that happened long ago," she said as she rubbed the chicken with seasoning before cooking them.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of brought it up. It was just a mistake to come in the first place," he turns to walk out.

Celia grabbed the back of his shirt, making him turn to look at her. "You're not leaving Diego. You offered to help cook dinner and you're going to finish. Don't look down on yourself for when you do, you forget that there's always up. I'm inviting you to have dinner with us as a guest. If Raphael has anything against it then let me know," she turns to keep an eye on the chicken so they don't burn.

"No I don't want to be a bother anymore. Thank you really but I should be off to the hotel in town-" he was cut off by Celia hitting him with a wooden spoon.

"Diego! Stop it. I understand if you made a reservation ahead of time but seeing that you were just coming and leaving you didn't. You can stay in the guest room if you desire. If you're still complaining about the room then sleep on the couch for all I care. You can use this as bonding time to spend with your brother," she turns around and throws the spoon into the sink.

"That actually hurt," he rubbed his shoulder that she hit. "But thank you Celia," he said.

"No problem. Dinner is almost ready so why don't you wash up and go tell your brother to do so also," she said as she continues to look at the chicken.

He watches her before leaving to go look for Raphael. Rubbing his shoulder as he walks down the long hallway.

~

Fabien wake up with a clear head and a heavy weight on his chest. He rubs his eyes, wiping away the sleep and eye crusties. He turns to see the pressure on his chest was Colette. Her sleeping face relaxed with a couple strands of hair in her face. He cranes his neck to check on the time, late evening. He doesn't want to wake her but he knows that he has to.