Chapter 61. Reception

Rory's POV

Holly was in this beautiful dark blue dress that was tight at the top and flowed loosely at the bottom. It had a pretty little belt around the waist and she was still wearing her flower crown.

Beth had a cute pink dress on with a black band around it and she had her hair done up all fancy.

Jack had a white shirt on with black trousers. Pretty sure that it's his school trousers.

And I had a white shirt with a dark blue tie, black trousers and black shoes. I promise I didn't mean to be matching Holly.

Classic Holly had blue converse on. She doesn't exactly like wearing heels. I mean she will sometimes but she prefers trainers. Which is a good thing cause then she is taller or the same height as me when she wears heels.

I took my seat at the table with the other 5, mum, dad, my auntie, my uncle and my two cousins, Erin and Graham.

"Rory why don't you introduce your friends to everyone?" My dad says.

Ugh. "Fine."

"This is Jack, Beth, Emma, Andy and Holly. But you obviously know Jack anyway." I realise.

"It's nice to meet you all." My auntie and uncle say.

Everyone gets lost in there own conversation including me and my aunt.

"So is this the girl you were telling us about all those months ago?" She asks.

"Yeah that's her." I smile.

"She's really pretty." My auntie states.

"Yeah she is." I say smiling but then it slowly melts from my face.

"Why the sad look son?" She questions.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I say.

"Come on you can tell me. You were eager to tell us everything about this girl last time, what's changed?" She asks.

"We broke up. We're still close friends though."I replied.

"That's a shame. Why?"

I explained the whole thing about America and stuff.

Around ten minuets later Holly came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Your up in five loser." She says ruffling my hair.

I had to give a speech. I don't have a clue why but I did. Jack wasn't doing one, lucky him, but my cousin Erin was.

Erin was 19 and Graham was 18. I was close to them growing up but not really now.

I smiled at Holly as she took a seat next to me since Jack had gone somewhere.

"Your Holly right?" My auntie asks. Oh no.

"Yeah that's me." She smiles.

"It's nice to finally meet you, I've heard a lot about you!" Auntie gushes.

"What's this one been telling you?" She asks.

"Okay well I'm going to go set up..." I trial off, escaping that conversation.

Holly's POV

"You really care about him don't you?" Rory's aunt inquires.

"Yeah, yeah I do. A lot to be honest." I state.

"He cares about you to. Tell me, did yous decided it was easier just to break up?"

I suppose we didn't really think everything through. Maybe breaking up wasn't the best thing to do. Or maybe it was? I don't know anymore.