Chapter 71. Interviews

Holly's POV

As my eyes are dropping I feel you wrapping your arms around me and holding me close. My head rests on your chest and I can hear your heartbeat, it's rhythm lulling me to sleep. You hum 'I love you' in my ear right before you lean down to press a kiss on my forehead and I slowly drift off into a dream state in your arms. That's how I imagine you and me together. If only dreams could last a little longer.

"What are you looking at...GIVE ME THAT!"

"Holly when did you. I mean, what? How long ago did you write this?

"I umm...it doesn't matter. Why were you looking through my stuff?"

"I wasn't. Well I was but I didn't mean too! I was trying to tidy things up and I put something away and saw this in your drawer. Now explain please?"

"Okay so when you left, and we broke up, I got into writing. I wrote this but kept it out because it reminded me of us."

"I love it. It's amazing, I knew you could write but not like this. Why do you keep this a secret? Everyone should know about this! They would all be jealous and would want you to write them stuff and you could make this a thing and we could publish it! I mean not right now but....."

"Rory! Chill. Look this was the one thing I had, the one website, wattpad, that no one knew my name on. Where I could express all my feelings and it would sound all cute and sappy but that was okay because no one could judge me because they didn't know me. People began to found out and I panicked, I didn't know what to do. I stopped writing for a while but then, that time you told me that it was good. And I actually felt like I had something to be proud of. I don't want people knowing stuff that they shouldn't know, do you understand?"

"Yeah but you have loads to be proud of, don't think this is the only thing."

"But it is the only thing. You have football and singing. Jack has science and maths, Beth has gymnastics and dancing, this is what I have. The ability to say how I feel in an exaggerated way."

"Okay all those things are great, but we worked for them. Just like you worked for this. We all have separate things to be proud of. And I would say you have the most."

"Really? Like what?"

"For a start you are a really smart girl so that's something. Your so funny, and talented. You don't even understand how amazing you are at singing. And I'm not going to leave out the fact that you are so immensely beautiful, with your perfect brown hair and your stunning hazel eyes. And an extra thing, you have me as a boyfriend."

"Your an idiot." I smile.

"I know."

"Also this one is deep, but I remember a very long time ago you weren't in the best place, but everyday you pulled through and leaving you with the amazing life you have now." He takes a step forwards before cupping my cheek as he gazes into my eyes.

"You always tell me and everyone else how you are 'fine' or 'okay' but I know you too well to know that, that isn't always the case. Everyday you make me so proud seeing you smile when I know you really don't want to. I have no clue what makes you but everyday I thank god for it because you are everything to me and all I ever want to see in life is your smile. It hurts so much to see you sad, crying. It kills me. I'm so lucky to have had the chance with someone like you because I honestly believe I wouldn't be where I am today without you. So please never forget even when things get to there lowest, I'm always there smiling because every smile, laugh, even breath, makes me feel proud of you."

I stare at him in shock with tears blurring my vision. Where did all that come from?

By now we were standing toe to toe as he was hovering over me. I knew he was staring down at me so I kept my glance on the floor as I knew my cheeks were burning a bright red colour.