Chapter 56. Surprise

Scots POV

I was in my bedroom on the phone to Penny when I heard the door bell at the exact same time as a text came through on my phone.

Me being me checked the text first.

From Rory😝

Why was he texting me all the way from America?

"Hey bro, go open the door okay?"

How dafuq did he know the door went? Maybe he's physic of something.

I did as told and ran down stairs and opened the door.

"SURPRISE!"

"What. The. Hell."

I give him a hug and invited him in.

"Why did you not tell me you were coming home?" I asked.

"Not just you. I haven't told Holly, its a suprise for her birthday and i wanted to suprise you as well."

"Well how is the academy?"

"Scot it's a dream come true! I get to play my first real match in January. It's going to be on TV and everything!"

"No way! That's huge congrats man!"

"Thanks Scot."

"I have a question. Penny and Holly used to be best friends so she should know all of Holly's good friends from school right?" I question. "Ehh yeah I guess so, why?" He asks. "Well her parents are letting us have a party tonight, but she doesnt know. So I thought maybe if you would talk to Penny and see if you can invite some of her friends? Please?" I beg. "Sure I have to phone her anyway so I will ask her." He responds."Thank you so much, tonight at Hollys house, 8:00pm, I hope you and Penny can make it!" I say. "You want us to come?" He questions. "Yeah of course, you in?" I ask. "I'm in." He smiles.

Holly's POV

I woke up to hundreds of birthday messages. I smiled and replied to loads of them but I couln't help but notice there was nothing from Rory. 'Time zones Holly!' I realised.

My mum and dad greeted me with a hug and presents, including loads of new clothes, a new pair of converse, my provisional lisence and they told me they had booked me driving lessons. They are the best.

I was having a great day, visits from my family, phone calls from friends, Beth, Jack, Emma and even Andy had written messsages for me on Instagram, snapchat and things. All of them apart from Rory. 'He must just be busy' I thought. I couldn't help but feel a little hurt that he hasn't said anything.

My mum and dad said we were going out to dinner to this really fancy place so I had to get all dressed up. I loved getting all dressed up but I also loved staying in comfys all day.

So I put on my itube playlist and jumped in the shower.

"All I want is the taste that your lips allow, my my, my my, give me love!" I sing/shouted along to Ed Sheeran. I got out of the shower and got dried. That was the worst bit about having a shower, getting dried. I put my underwear on and put dressing gown around me as I wrapped my hair up in a towel. I didn't want to get dressed until I had done my hair and make up. I apply a little more make up than I usually do.

I put on mascara, lipgloss, eyeshadow and blusher. Once I was happy with my makeup I started my hair. I loosely curled the end of it and put on my flower crown.

Rory was going to try come home for my birthday but he couldn't get away from the academy. He told me the other day and I pretended like it didn't bother me but it did. I just wish he could be here, it would make this day a lot more special.