Chapter 16. Lunch

Rorys POV

The bell went for lunch. We had missed break because we were to busy doing everything around the hall and didn't hear the bell.

"Right well I'm going to find Penny. I will probably end up sitting with you's anyway because Penny will want to sit with her boyfriend." She says rolling her eyes.

"What and you don't want to sit with your boyfriend?" I laugh.

"Of course not." Holly scoffs with a smug smile.

"I'm pretty offended by that actually." I say a hurt expression on my face.

"Whatever I will see you in five." She laughs leaving the hall.

I laugh as I was over to Jack.

"What's so funny?" He asks.

"I was just thinking that the other day I was trying to convince you that Holly wasn't my girlfriend and that she didn't like me that way and now, well now look at us." I smile.

"Yeah a lot has happened these past few days with you's." He states.

"What do you mean?" I ask helping him to tidy up.

"Well you are going on a date with her, your boyfriend girlfriend and you's have said I love you so.." I cut him off.

"We haven't said I love you where did you hear that?" I abruptly say.

"From your room last night. I walked past to go to bed and I heard you and her say I love you." He shrugs.

"I don't remember that?" I say confused.

"Well it happened, do you think she remembers?" He asks

"No because we were both really tired that's probably why I don't remember and she fell asleep before me." I tell him.

I knew I loved Holly but I don't remember saying that to her. I also don't remember much of last night. I was so tired and fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

"Did she say it back?" I wonder.

"Yeah she did." He nods.

"And you swear your not making this up?" I ask.

"Yeah I promise I heard it last night. You said 'I love you Holly' and she said 'I love you too Rory.'" He tells me.

"Fuck. What should I do?" I ask him running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Well do you love her?" Jack asks me.

"Y...yeah I do." I awkwardly say, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

This was the first time I had said it out loud and I'm glad it was Jack I was talking to because if it was someone else I'm pretty sure my answer would have been different.

"Then tell her mate. I'm pretty sure she will say it back, she did last night." He tells me.

"What if she doesn't?" I question.

"Well then you will have to take a risk and find out won't you? But right now I think we should go get some lunch, they're waiting for us." He says.

"You're right, I will think of a good way to tell her, let's go." I said walking out the door.

It might sound silly, we're only young. But I do love her, I just know I do.

We find Scot and sit at a table with our lunch.

"So is Penny coming over to sit with us today?" I ask.

No offence to Penny but I'm not really bothered if she does or not. I was more focused on if Holly was coming over.