Chapter 31. The Dance

Holly's POV

Beth was freaking out slightly as we approached the school. She didn't know if this was as more than friends or just friends?

"Beth calm down, the last two years you have went with him, why is it different now?" I ask.

"It's just were closer friends now and I want everything to go right." She states.

"It will." I promise her.

"I bet you and Jack have some secret plan to hook up tonight don't you's?" I laugh but quietly enough for my mum not to hear.

"Holly! Of course we don't." She scowls. I just laugh at her reaction.

Beth looked so pretty. She was wearing a white top that went to just below her belly button and a royal blue skirt. She had black flats on and some bracelets. For a fourteen year old she was quite tall but put her next to Jack she was small. Jack was almost the height of Rory, and Rory was like 6ft 2.

Oh how hot my boyfriend is...

"Thanks mum, I will see you later." I say. I was staying with Rory tonight but I needed to go get pyjamas and clothes for tomorrow.

"Bye have fun, you too Beth." My mum smiles.

"Thank you." We both say getting out of the car.

Our school was slightly strange on how they did the whole dance thing. The boys would go to one side of the hall and the girls the other and then once the teacher or whoever had finished speaking we went to find our date.

Beth and I went to stand on the girls side and as we did so we walked past some people. Rory and Jack. I brushed shoulders with Rory and he glanced at me. I smiled at him and he laughed as we both made our way to the opposite sides of the hall.

I took a deep breath and leaned against the wall.

"You okay?" Beth asks me.

"Yeah my hearts beating at like one thousand miles per second though." I breath out.

"Are you nervous?" She questioned.

"Not about being with Rory exactly but people seeing me with him. No one knows about us and I'm scared if people find out and what they will say." I explain.

"Yeah but don't worry about them. You're happy and that's what matters." Beth reassures me.

"You're right thank you." I smile.

"On another note did you see how hot Jack looked, he's going to be the death of me Holly!" She states.

"I saw him but I was to busy panicking about Rory." I laugh.

Some how we didn't notice but we had talked right through the teacher talking and now we were to go find our dates.

My eyes lock with Rory's as I walk over to him. He laughs slightly and shakes his head as I approached him.

"What?" I ask him.

"I just..wow. How did I manage to get you." He managed out, his eyes scanning my body.

"Oh um thank you. You look really good too and it's me that should be wondering that." I compliment blushing at his comment.

Not going to lie I don't think good covered how amazing he looked. I literally couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Thank you." He says.

"Rory um you know I'm comfortable with you and everything but people are staring already."