Chapter 18. Our First Date

Rory's POV

When I got home I just shoved on a pair of joggies and a random grey top. I sat on the couch watching TV for a while before I realised I had stuff to do. I was planning to take Holly to this little medow place that I used to go when I was a kid. It's beautiful up there, I love it and wanted to show Holly it. I need to get the food sorted.

"Dad I'm going out to the shop, do you want anything?" I ask.

"No I'm fine thanks son." He smiles. I nod before walking over to where Jack was sitting on the couch.

"You want anything at the shop?" I ask him.

"No but buy juice please!" He says.

"Okay." I say as I leave the house with my phone.

I text Scot, I hadn't spoken to him yet and I thought I should.

To: Scot
Hey, look we need to talk are you free the now?

From: Scot
Hey yeah we do come over the now.

To: Scot
Okay see you in five.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked to Scot's house. His house was only like five minuets away from mine.

I smiled as my thoughts wondered. Just thinking about how good things are going puts a smile on my face. Dad's home and well, me and Jack are brothers again, mum and dad are getting remarried and I have the girl I've always wanted, my dream girl. Things couldn't be better.

I arrive at Scot's house and chap the door a few times before he answers.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey." I respond.

"Come in." He says stepping aside to let me in. I walk in and through to the living room.

Scot was like my brother, I have known him since the start of 1st year and we were always together but we drifted a little when we went into 4th year, we were still good friends though. We haven't talked since lunch because of what happened. It wasn't his fault though, it was Penny's.

"Can I just say how sorry I am about earlier I know that really hurt you. I have no clue why she said that, she's not usually like that." Scot explains with a sorry smile.

"Yeah it did really hurt me but I shouldn't have stormed off like that. It wasn't your fault but it's clear that Penny doesn't like me, that's for sure." I say with a small chuckle.

"She does I honestly have no idea why she said that. I have had a word with her about that as well. She said she was sorry but she had to say something but wouldn't tell me anything else." He says.

"Whatever but I think she should speak to Holly because she's really upset and thinks she's lost Penny." I tell him.

I then remember that he didn't know me and Holly were together. I could trust him.

"When did you become so close with Holly anyway? She seemed really concerned about you earlier." He stated.

"Two nights ago, we're dating." I say. He didn't look shocked he actually had a smile.

"Finally!" He laughed.

"How did you ask her?" I smile at the memory.

"I kissed her man. I kissed her. How insane is that? She kissed me back and then we started dating." I explain a smile still on my face.

That was honestly the most fun night of my life, well at least one of them.

"I didn't think you had the balls to do that so well done and congrats you seem to really like her." He smiles.