Chapter 26. Take Me To Starbucks

Jacks POV

Rory gave me, Beth and Holly a lift to school. I was fine with it apart from the fact that Beth had to sit in the back with me.

I have decided to try and forget my feelings for Beth. What Rory said stuck with me though and I was so confused. I just wanted to avoid them all the whole day.

I tried to avoid them but of course I snapped at Rory at lunch and then fought with Beth in art. She made me laugh though, reminding me about her Starbucks. That's the only time I smiled the whole day.

I left without saying another word to Beth. When she smiled and laughed I felt this feeling in my stomach that I had only experienced once before and it was the other day when we were in Holly's. I didn't know what it was but I didn't like it. At all.

Rory drove home and Holly and Beth walked.

"You might not want to talk to me Jack but I'm going to tell you something. It didn't bother me that you snapped at me but you can't snap at Holly or Beth like that. I don't want anyone ever talking to Holly like that and I never thought you would snap at Beth the way you did today. That wasn't cool bro you should apologise, to both of them."

He was right I should. I feel really bad now.

"Yeah I will do it tomorrow. I didn't even think I could talk to her like that. I'm sorry Rory I shouldn't have been that way."

"Why were you acting like that anyway you were fine this morning?" He asked me.

"Beth." He just looked at me.

"I was trying to forget that I like her by distancing myself from her. But then we got moved together in art and she was ranting on at me and I just wanted her to shut up, as bad as it sounds. Beth was the only one who managed to make me smile the whole day and that's when it hit me, I like her so much more than I first thought I did. I got myself worked up about it and took it out on them." I explained.

"You shouldn't forget your feelings for her, she likes you back I know it. I'm going round to hers tonight, Holly's there and she told me to bring you and go over." He tells me.

"Okay I will apologise then." I smile.

"You think she likes me that way?" I question.

"Yes I do." He confirms.

"And you're not just saying this?" I ask.

"No Jack I genially think she does." He smiles and I smile back in return.

We just hung around the house and done nothing until Holly texted Rory saying to go over.

"Jack you ready?" He shouted up the stairs to me.

"Yeah." I say.

I had jeans, a blue polo and blue high tops on. I ran my hand through my hair leaving it sticking up slightly.

We get in Rory's car and as he pulls out of the driveway and I remember something.

"Hey Rory?" I ask.

"Yeah." He replies keeping his eyes on the road.

"Can you stop at Starbucks first?" I say.

He gives me a weird look.

"Please?" I say.

"Okay." He nods.

I smile.

"Thanks."

Authors Note

I've edited this chapter.

Hi! Sorry for the really short chapter, next one should be good, I hope! Aww Jacks going to have a good apology. Do you think Beth with accept? Will he ask her to the dance?