I laughed to myself as she looked back at me and stuck her tongue out again, and when I did it back she cackled all over again. Her childhood laughter filled the kitchen, my heart exploding in warmth.

"You find that funny?" I said in amusement.

She tried to lean forward into my chest, seemingly like she trying to move somehow. I lightly hold her while she fidgets into a different sitting position, and then I realized she was trying to stand.

I lifted her a bit more so she could stand in my lap, when she got up straight she was head level with me. A huge smile was plastered on her face as she held a finger of each of my hands, standing.

"Good job." I smile.

"Just wait for it.." Harry says while looking over his shoulder at us.

"Wait for wh—"

Briar lays a big kiss on my lips, cutting me off from my sentence. She kisses my lips then sloppily kisses my cheeks and nose with a smile.

Her behaviour made me laugh as she giggled into my cheek, holding my fingers still and standing on my thighs. I glimpsed at Harry who was smiling to himself, peering over at us while putting things on plates.

Briar pulls back with her slobbery lips and a big smile.

"Told you." I hear Harry say with a grin.

I sit her back down on my lap as she holds my forearms, looking up at me with her big doe eyes.

"She does that because it's what I do to her when I'm joking around. I kiss her entire face because it makes her laugh." He chuckles while walking over to take her off my lap and put her in the highchair. He buckles her all in as she sits peacefully in the seat.

"Used to do that to you do because it would also make you laugh." He adds quietly from his last statement, referring to the kissing.

He exchanged a small smile with me before walking back over to the stove area. I didn't know how to respond to his statement, but the thought of him goofingly kissing me all over my face made my chest tighten like I forgot how to inhale for a second.

He walks back over with a small plate that he put on Briar's tray. It was just a bunch of cut up pancake and a blue sippy cup filled with juice. She grabbed the small cup immediately and started sucking on the nozzle.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me while walking back over to the stove.

"Oh, it's okay." I shake my head. "I don't really like pancakes." I said politely, knowing they always never agreed with me for some reason.

"I know." He nods while walking over to me with a plate, putting it down in front of me at the table.

On the plate was eggs, toast, and crackers.

I looked up at him as he gave me a warm smile, knowing what he did.

"I know it's your favourite." He exclaimed before going back over to the stove.

My heart fluttered a bit, he knew me more then I probably every imagined he would and I've yet to discover a half of it. If he knew things like my favourite foods and books, what did he know about me on the inside?

"Thank you." I smile to him as he softly smiled back at me from the other end of the kitchen, putting somethings away.

"You can leave all of that and I'll clean it up. It's not fair you cooked and have to clean." I say in guilt from my lack of help.

"Just eat." He chuckles while opening the fridge and putting away the eggs.

I turn back to my plate and look at how well he did— of course he's good at cooking too. What isn't he good at? He can cook and is good with kids?